Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 8MB Broadband in Limerick

Options
  • 16-01-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Has anybody gotten the 8MB package from BT on the Dooradoyle exchange? I switched over from Eircom for this but I'm only getting 3MB. Just wondering if anyone has actually gotten this up and running?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

gloobag wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten the 8MB package from BT on the Dooradoyle exchange? I switched over from Eircom for this but I'm only getting 3MB. Just wondering if anyone has actually gotten this up and running?

When you changed over where you told that you could get the 8MB package? If the answer to that is yes, then id contact them as i'm sure your getting charged for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

The service is up to 8MB. If your getting speeds of 3MB, BT will do nothing about it because your still in the range of speeds you should be getting.

How are you determining your speed BTW? @Barlow, there's no extra charge for the 8MB service with BT. Same price as 3MB package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Was on to BT today. Now they're saying that the 8MB is still in the testing phase and they don't know when it'll be enabled, despite me receiving a flyer in the door saying it was available on my exchange (which I only live a few metres from) and me ordering over the phone and being told it would be enabled on the 1st of January, and me ringing them up a number of times to confirm that I would be getting the 8MB package!!!

I'm absolutely disgusted. surely they're doing something illegal here? They took my order for an 8MB package, then they decide that I won't be getting it and don't even inform me of the fact. What a bunch of incompetent prats :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

gloobag wrote: »
    Was on to BT today. Now they're saying that the 8MB is still in the testing phase and they don't know when it'll be enabled

I thought this would be the case as i rang before and told it was only rolled out in certain exchanges at the moment. What department where you talking o today and who told you this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I thought this would be the case as i rang before and told it was only rolled out in certain exchanges at the moment. What department where you talking o today and who told you this?

I'm on the Dooradoyle exchange which is LLU enabled. The only reason I switched over was because I was told at the time that I would definitely have 8MB broadband by the 1st of January.

• Advertisement
Advertisement