Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a limited company...have a few questions

Options
  • 17-01-2008 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Where can I get the forms to set up a limited company?

How much does it cost to register a limited company?

Do I need a business bank account straight away? Or can I just use my personal account while getting started?

Do you know of any good business plan templates? I've seen a few, but I'd like to see what others have used.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Stupid questions I know :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Your best bet is to consult http://www.cro.ie

You don't have to setup a business account until you start trading. How in ever, its prob best to get it over and done with. You could use your personal account but it's hassle as you would have to explain any transactions to the accountant / auditor. It wouldn't be normal / best practice to use a personal account for a limited co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 in sanity

It can be quite daunting trying to set up your ltd company directly with the CRO, there are however a number of companies that can do it for you for a fee.

I recently used www.formacompany.ie and found them to be easy to deal with, and not too expensive.

Google " company formation" and it will list lots of businesses that can do the formation for you.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Pure Cork wrote: »
    Do you know of any good business plan templates? I've seen a few, but I'd like to see what others have used.

You may have seen this one already, but it gives a fairly good indication of content required. I've used it recently and got good responces. Remember, its generic, so customise it for your specific industry.

Can be downloaded here: http://www.enterprise-ireland.com/StartBusiness/Advice/BusinessPlan.htm

Advertisement