Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Protection-Ireland/Britian/France

Options
  • 17-01-2008 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing a project for 'college'-which is based on how minoritys are protected in these three countries.

I have used the travellers website Pavee Point but other than that I'm totaly flushed for info.

My plan is to talk about social protection for travellers in Ireland and the UK, and pick a social minority in France.

I know the mods don't take kindly to lazy assed chancers in here, but I presume some of you guys might be able to direct me to useful links.

I think I will go for Muslims in France. What do categories do you suggest I examine? I was thinking of
    1.Access to Health Services-Life expectancy
    2.Access to Education-Literacy Rate
    3.Preservation of customs-Not sure if this is possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

The OECD website has tons of useful stuff on social protection. I'm too lazy to look for the link, you could at least do that to earn your degree or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Cheers. A degree? Lol. This is basically just part of a links course into real University. We do European Studies as part of nine modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

You could look at the other point of view that treating people as part of a minority group is inherently racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

cavedave wrote: »
    You could look at the other point of view that treating people as part of a minority group is inherently racist.
    Ah, touché.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

cavedave wrote: »
    Not if you ask the self-identified group how they wish to be labelled, and treated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Not if you ask the self-identified group how they wish to be labelled, and treated.

This self identified group of one would like to be protected by being carried around on a chair with maidens throwing petals before me. And i wish to be treated by getting grapes feed to me by other maidens.

Advertisement