Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to getting my tragus done at the weekend, two questions though.

1. Is it painful? Not that ill back out or anything, just want to know

2. How exactly is it done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

its sore enough, as sore as getting a needle put through your tragus is. different for everyone.

the placement will be marked off with either some dye or a sharpie.
    The piercer will line up the needle with the hole and have a receiving tube at the other side of your tragus to catch the needle so it doesnt continue going through other parts of your ear
    the needle will then be taken out followed by the insertion of the jewelry, either a barbell or a circular barbell.
    you leave the studio with one extra hole in your body! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh, and, correct me if im wrong...but i'd recommend getting a bar in, as i found it really really easy for healing. put a ring in once twas healed, but bar was so handy to clean thoroughly, and i've literally never had a problem with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I was going to get a bar anyway...its sounds sore, and long...but fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Good god,
    Another is it painful thread,
    Read the fucking charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

i liked the ring for cleaning, but not sore at all, ye hear the cartilage pop as the needle goes through the fold which is dead cool!

• Advertisement

personally i found the ring way easier to heal than a bar. each to their own though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

i never heard the pop!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

jesus! I dont really think any piercings are THAT painful at the time! Getting it done is half the rush and the point if you ask me! Its the aftercare that can cause the PAIN thing. But I really wouldnt worry about it! The only thing I've ever gone out of my to ask about is tattoos,piercings should just be run of the mill,no appointments,no big plan,just go get! ^^ unless its your ball sack or your vag or something...at which point I'd suggest a good wash and a shave and something to bite down on!haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 angry_badger

jesus! I dont really think any piercings are THAT painful at the time! Getting it done is half the rush and the point if you ask me! Piercings should just be run of the mill,no appointments,no big plan,just go get!

Ive recently found myself aiming for bigger, more elaborate piercings purely for the rush and the pain(regarding what ive said in previous threads, the piercings in question there were things i got done at least 4-5 years ago), as for piercings being just run of the mill, i dont agree, there are the few who see piercings as always evolving, whats the point of walking into a studio and saying i want x bit done, anyone can do that, its when u walk into a studio an say 'CAN you do this?' its those piercings that actually have the potential to have a true level of pain to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

well like, if you mean,some who has all the generic piercings done, walking into a studio and asking if they can drive a bar through your ankle is like a "real" piercing as a pose to someone who doesnt have any at all and is really scared about getting their lobe done,I really dont see the difference and I really dont see the fuss that needs to be made when someone gets something done(unless its like a transdermal or something,but thats borderline surgery)
    i just know what I want before I go in and then I get it done.blah,why make a big deal over it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

em.. maybe it's just me, but you seem to be making a bigger deal over it. he was just sharing his view which related so something you'd mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Is there blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

of course!
    you are putting a hole through your ear!

depends how much tho, sometimes there's not much at all but you could be a bleeder!

not to let that put you off tho :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

my tragus hardly bled gettin it done, twas durin the aftercare it bled...tongue didn't bleed at all hardly, either did all of my lobes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Whatever you do don't get it done like I did! Got it done with a gun and had an earring in it, was infected by a week and my whole face was all swollen, couldnt eat nd could barely breathe, so hadta go to the doctors to get an anti inflammatry injection and go on a course of antibiotics for a week! was the most painful experiance of my life, and now my tragus is in 3 pieces its funny!

Might get it done again though .. on the other ear .. in a proper place this time and not spend 5 euro on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

It was my most painful. I've my left ear pierced 7 times, 4 of those are in the cartilage. It bled a fair bit too and I've never bled from a piercing before. It felt so strange to feel my own blood trickling down my neck. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Luu

Attol wrote: »
    It felt so strange to feel my own blood trickling down my neck. :S

As opposed to someone else's blood? :D

tbh the tragus I found to be one of the simplest. I just had a longish bar which I changed to a shorter one after about a month. Just make sure its done where you want it (not too far in/oout/on the wonk lol) and look after it.
    Don't play with it!!!

Enjoy the experience

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

I hardly ever get blood when piercing a tragus, tends to only be when the customer has been out on the beer the night before or has a nasty caffeine habit, alcohol and caffeine thins the blood. (oh yeah and asprin!)

talked to attol lately and she was drinking the night before, happened to me too when i got my tragus done for the 3rd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

I bled like a pig when I got my lobes done and they bled on and off spontaneously for a few days after as well. I have a major caffeine habit though :rolleyes: I kind of want to get a few cartilage piercings, but I'm kind of squeemish when it comes to poking holes in cartilage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement