Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optimus Prime comedy show.

Options
  • 17-01-2008 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, just letting you know that theres a science fiction/fantasy themed comedy show on this weekend and our very own Optimus Prime will be doing a stand up routine. It could be very funny (perhaps for all the wrong reasons).
    The Great Comedy Adventure is going sci-fi this Sunday night, with most of the material on science fiction or fantasy themes. Robbie Bonham, who has been known to morph into Chewbacca, is headlining, along with Optimus Prime from the Transformers (JP Markey), Superboy (Mark Hanratty) and Damon Blake (the real Batman).

Doors open 8.30pm and admission is €5 for all myspace friends - Doyles is on College St, just where D'Olier St hits the wall of Trinity!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oooh... Sunday night too... I should be back in Dublin by then.

I'll try and pop along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Man I'm going to this Gig on the off chance that there will be a big red truck on stage telling jokes. And now you tell me It's actually a human.
    I'll still go. But I am disappionted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I suppose Optimus Prime is Jewish and some of the best stand ups of all time have been Jewish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

tehfunnyz47.jpg?et=MN648wsAjZb1LBeiIen9XA&nmid=17777901

[i know, neither did Optimus, but i still lol'd]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Well I suppose Optimus Prime is Jewish and some of the best stand ups of all time have been Jewish.

oi vey :D

sounds bizzare tbh. did anyone attend?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah I couldn't go but it sounded great.

And <nerd> at least two Optimus Primeses (Primae?) turned into fire engines! </nerd>

It was an entertaining night.

The Lads put a good bit of effort into thier bits.
    Good Laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Optimus brought down the house! Well, parts of it. He fell over at the end, taking the microphone stand and most of the back drop with him. Two lads had to rescue him.

Yeah Next time he may need to invest in knees.
    I like the Damon fella with Phoenix Down being the hi light as the geekiest thing of the night.

Heres a vid of Robbie Bonham's set that night, Optimus shows up at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqfZZ9Uhypc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

'Twas funny enough (Youtube video - his other stuff in particular the laughterlounge was very good)

It would appear that Optimus guy has a Bebo page now. He has uploaded the set in two parts.
    http://bebo.com/madmarkey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

not bad. the routine needs a bit of work... and maybe a better crowd... but i think i've said that about all irish comedians (that or "that's complete and utter...................") :)

not bad. the routine needs a bit of work... and maybe a better crowd...

The routine was about two minutes of material. The rest was winging.
    The crowd was quite small.

Gee, I seem to know an awful lot about taht guy.... coincedince.

Advertisement