Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

biggest mistake you ever made in your life

• 17-01-2008 5:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭langerdan79

got the thread title off another forum i was on, was pretty interesting.

must say i don't have any major regrets or mistakes in my life, maybe should've chanced my arm chatting up some more girls in the past but am pretty happy with where i am in my life now. if i got more points in my leaving or took a good job i was offered before instead of travelling i wouldn't be with my girlfriend who is the best thing that ever happened to me.
    i know a buddy of mine broke up with his girlfriend to go on a j1 and thought she would wait for him but was wrong. he met her recently and she was just married but she said that he was the love of her life till he fecked off and would've married him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Not a PI. Send it over to AH

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yes boss :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Reading this thread tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

cutting the red wire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Could have done alot better in the LC.

Thats about it. Lifes too short for regrets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

not setting up a SSIA. other than that im fairly happy with how its going!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jester77 wrote: »
    cutting the red wire...

You always cut the blue. Every one knows that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Setting up an account for this damn site.... :(

Its like a black hole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

yep not studying for the LC kinda messed me up.

im repeating this year now. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mucker23

going out with my ex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh, that time i accidently aired my opinion to someone who didnt want to hear it, and ended up getting almost strangled to death, not to mention generally beaten to ****, and worse, and ****, if there's a single day gone by in those 6/7 years that i haven't remembered and regretted it, i don't remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Not being smart enough to escape this wretched dimension :mad:

Sleeping with some girl shortly after me & a girl I really loved at the time broke up. There was no chance of us getting back together after that. Hit the drink hard and bad thing & after bad thing kept happening to me for a good while afterwards. Didn't do as as well in the leaving as I should have but things finally started to change two years ago & now im in a good job & enjoying it. Only thing is the love life has been such a mess lol(Stupid fling after stupid fling). I need to settle down with someone & stop this messing about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Not contiuing to play Rugby(or any sport) after school. Went like 2 years not doing any sports. Finally got back into it in a big way last year. Really regret those two years.

Doesn't seem like a big mistake huh compared to some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Not digging the hole 1 foot deeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

Meeting the grumpy oul sod im with today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I regret giving up things before i mastered them, countless musical instruments, ive learned to play and then just stopped after getting a basic grasp of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Too personal to list here! In fact, why did I post then? Hmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Shoulda dropped Economics and not Spanish at the end of 1st Arts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Getting drunk for an entire month when I was sixteen and ending up with several fat birds...

!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

lying to my mother for 2 years about a guy i was going out with....

FunkZ wrote: »
    Getting drunk for an entire month when I was sixteen and ending up with several fat birds...

!

haha we've all been there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Being a stoner for 3 solid years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Choosing the course i did in college. That was a big mistake.... if i could go back in time i would.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I suppose a lot of things around the time I moved in with a friend that I loved, who knew nothing of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

When I was in Canada I was kind of on and off kissing this one girl when we were drunk. I didnt really have much of an attraction for her (bit of an ugmo) but I did have for her room mate (we all lived in the same building). One day me and hot room mate got drunk together in my apartment in the afternoon when everyone else was out. She told me she wanted to spend hours teaching me how to please her (fine by me). Just as things were about to get going I heard my hall door open and it was ugmo returning home from work wondering where roomy was and ruining the moment. I never got a chance with hot roomy again.

So my biggest mistake ever was not locking my front door that day in Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

watna wrote: »
    Choosing the course i did in college. That was a big mistake.... if i could go back in time i would.

I was gonna say the same thing then I realised if I'd done a different course I'd never have made some really good friends so I guess my regret would be that I didn't drop out of the course when I realised it wasn't for me, that way I'd still get to keep my friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Was given a wad of cash when I was 19. Spent it on a car (which I wrote off), booze (which I expelled against several walls), DJing equipment (which I sold a year later for 30% of what I paid for it), and other such stuff...

Coulda shoulda woulda bought a bleedin house with all the money wasted. Then I woulda been rich y'see. Rich indeed.

going out with a particular ex

bout it i guess
    ah well, moved on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

FunkZ wrote: »

!

aww, dude... some of the best days of my life... maybe minus the fat bird bit... but definitely some undesirable guys... if i could go back, i might erase the bit where i slept with em... but deifnitely... gettin drunk for days, weeks and months on end were some of the greatest times of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wow! Such tales of trauma here - especially yours, FunkZ.
    MikeHoncho, "ugmo's" biggest regret is probably wasting her time with that callous Irish guy who was using her for her room-mate.

Anyways... wonder what Wayne O'Donoghue would post on this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Choosing chips over 'daddy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Biggest regret = letting 'the one' get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Not getting a decent education when I should have- too busy living the "good" life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Trusting someone who i thought was a friend, just found out today they are most certainly not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Not starting drinking earlirer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not getting a decent education when I should have- too busy living the "good" life.
    Had that very regret myself so I went back and finished my degree, then got my masters. Some mistakes can be reversed - I know, easier said than done, but not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Doing geography instead of a science subject. Wait, instead of anything actually. Im not exactly my teacher's biggest fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

not choosing the numbers 12, 13, 19, 21, 28 and 31 yesterday in my local newsagent while doing the lotto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Too many to list so I guess I'll just go with the catch-all:
    Being born.
    Could've prevented so many others had I managed to avoid that one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bad eating habits as a child; never really lost the weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Dudess wrote: »
    Anyways... wonder what Wayne O'Donoghue would post on this thread?

Eating too many Biscuits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I regret nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Making that damn escape vent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

not asking the girl of my dreams out untill it was too late.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

getting into a relationship with the wrong person. wrecked my head for months and still hassling me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I don't know any mistakes I have made in my life have led to where I am now which isn't all bad. I suppose I wish I had studied more for my leaving cert and did a course that would have got me a better job. Well a chance to earn more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KaG1888 wrote: »
    Sleeping with some girl shortly after me & a girl I really loved at the time broke up. There was no chance of us getting back together after that. Hit the drink hard and bad thing & after bad thing kept happening to me for a good while afterwards. Didn't do as as well in the leaving as I should have but things finally started to change two years ago & now im in a good job & enjoying it. Only thing is the love life has been such a mess lol(Stupid fling after stupid fling). I need to settle down with someone & stop this messing about!

Either your just too damn good looking or have too much money, tough sh*t :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Forgetting to drill the air-holes

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

not doing enough for the leaving, going to college in cork (should have gone to galway or limerick, where all my mates went)

• Advertisement
Advertisement