Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

biggest mistake you ever made in your life

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Was seeing a gorgeous girl for a few months before xmas and let the relationship slip by as i was afraid of commiting again too soon after previous long term relationship. Havent been able to look at another bird twice since.Beginning to have serious regrets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

jdivision wrote: »
    Not telling girl that I had become best friends with that I loved her.

Yeah, me too. What's worse is I knew she had liked me for a while but by the time I said anything it was too late. She also robbed my Joy Division tee shirt:mad: which is very ironic because it said "Love will tear us apart" on it and we've barely seen or spoken to eachother since I told her how I felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

jdivision wrote:
    Not telling girl that I had become best friends with that I loved her.

Me three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Showing my age here. Bonus points for Maths in those days.

Only in some colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Not asking out a really attractive girl that was obviously interested in me, obvious to everyone else. But I couldnt get my head around the fact that she was interested in ME. Was really good friends with her but drifted away coz she was hurt when I didn't seem to be of the same mind as her... One of my biggest regrets...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

grasshopa wrote: »
    Me three.

It's not always better if you tell them, urgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bitz n Pieces

Again the whole Leaving Cert thing, I drank my way through sixth year, panicked a few days before the LC, dropped back to pass in everything and wouldn't listen to anyone. I got excellent results but I could've gotten the same in honours.

Also at the same time I was going out with a fella, I moved in with him after my LC, got engaged for my 18th bday only to split up 6mths later. Wasted two years with him and lost a lot of my friends, because I spent all of my time with him. I didn't go to college, I have a good job now but I long to be a social worker, but I can't go back to being broke, too many commitments now.

Regret being a pushover in work, and with guys, it's getting slightly pathetic. I deserve so much more money for the job I do, but I haven't the guts to ask for it in case they just tell me to F*ck off.

I regret smoking, drinking, taking drugs and having sex from a very young age. I regret giving up football, I was damn good, but I just wanted to party. I regret all the hurt I caused my Mother when I was a teenager.

I regret a cheap tacky tattoo I got when I was 16. I have four more since, but that one is just so disgusting, still I won't remove it though, it reminds me of what a little tearaway I was.

Need I go on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

getting a horrible tatoo on my arm. paying 100euros a go to get it lazered off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Kipperhell wrote: »
    You know life is like a tapestry pull at a thread and the whole thing might unravel. The mistakes make you as much as the successes.
    There are times to lament about the past and the different turns but you must always remember you have to leave from where you are to get where you want to go.
    Of course I regret things I did but mostly those I hurt and I honour that hurt by not doing it again. It is better to have love ,lost and learnt. I am not religious but forgiveness is important as a mutile concern .

My biggest mistake was sending Kipperhell that big blue book of clichéd nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's not always better if you tell them, urgh.

I don't know. Still friends with one girl i told where it wasn't reciprocated and still friends with two who told me and it wasn't reciprocated. i think it's easier if it's out there, less likely for it to come to a head and result in a massive argument because one person is very offended and the other doesn't have a clue why. having said that I'll never regret calling the best friend's boyfriend a c*nt. Everybody I knew who met him (and most of them wouldn't have known I was in love with his girlfriend) always described him as a cocky C--- afterwards without any prompting from me and wondered what she was doing with him.

Adyx, I wouldn't give away my Love will tear us apart t-shirt to anyone:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

heh, I think I may just be in the middle of my mistakes right now, I'll have a bigger post in a few months when things have played out and hindsight tells me how stupid I've been.

But to start off with. Spending so much time in pain instead of working to change the situation causing the pain, it's still the same, we both still wish things were different. Still, that may be changing now. So many people in this thread regret waiting too long on love, it's not a mistake and I'd do it the same the second time over, but my love lives an ocean away. So I guess my biggest mistake is not doing enough about it, but I'm lucky, there's still time.

So there's that, and I guess I regret not being more socially active, I mean I've got plenty of friends but I wish I had dated more previously as now I feel inexperienced and I just tend to be a wuss about asking people out but there's still time so it's no big deal.

Advertisement