Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Escapist : Zero Punctuation Game Reviews

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

bizmark wrote: »
    part 4 of the final fantasy 8 review is just classic couldnt stop laughing

That was fantastic alright, loved the wild wild west bit!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I liked part 7.

"A Whore's Limit Break uses Anal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It gets funnier as it goes along but doesn't seem to have an ending.

I think he gets a bit too hung up on the whole 'drawing' thing in FF8.... I don't remember it being overly essential at all to do it to that extent.

Yeah, he dragged that out a bit, but it gets so funny after it (the Mentos ads and "Dude, she's 18 and she whips people. I've to go to Tiahuana and pay women like that to pay attention to me!" bits had me in stitches).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The thing review is great as well random irish danceing animation glitches ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

New ZP

Pure genius. stars for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Heh, sandpaper condom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

/waits to go home and watch ZP

tick tock

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

he should really spell the name of the game correctly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

He is quite right about the dodgy Wii controls, but I think I enjoyed the game far more than he did.

And I think the wrong spelling was a joke ;)

Yeah, its **** & Sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

This guy is a genius and must be stickied for those that do not know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

He is quite right about the dodgy Wii controls, but I think I enjoyed the game far more than he did.

And I think the wrong spelling was a joke ;)

yea funny joke spelling "zack & wiki" "zach & wiki" hilarious stuff, can't believe that went over my head i'm such an idiot. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked the dig at Roberta Williams (yes I'm old and yes I remember her sh1t games)

Yep.. I could never understand why there were so many of the bloody things... who exactly was she sleeping with?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

mayordenis wrote: »
    yea funny joke spelling "zack & wiki" "zach & wiki" hilarious stuff, can't believe that went over my head i'm such an idiot. . .

Aha didn't notice the misspelling at the start, just noticed it changing as the review progressed (Wack and Zichi and so on).
    Apologies!
    Yep.. I could never understand why there were so many of the bloody things... who exactly was she sleeping with?

She was a feminist. If people didn't give her money to make Kings Quest 45: The Search for Richard Nixon's Gold she just accused the publishers of sexual harrassment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

It had a reference to munging, the man is a genius and should be given a comedy medal or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

New Review: Army of Two

**** yes!

awesome smiley used. legend :pac:

Class again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Excellent up to his usual good standards and he did well to cut down on the gay jokes after his first rant.

By the way I love

awesome_med.png

Best Smiley Face Ever!!

• Advertisement

I love the way he seems to be getting more and more pissed off that Australia is getting games months after they're released everywhere else.

Today on Zero Puncuation: No More Heroes
    Pretty much sums up my opinions on the game perfectly - a nice mixture of crazy cool nuttiness and poor but possibly satirical gameplay flaws.

Great last line to the review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Am I the only one having difficulties watching the ZP reviews the past two weeks? Difficulties as in the embedded video just is not showing up. I've tried Opera and IE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Is the videoegg thing java based, try updating it(not sure where im getting this from)

the ZP videos are flash based. Worked fine for me anyways - in Firefox.

Totally forgot about this yday.

Excellent review once more. He didn't do a K7 review did he?

• Advertisement

No, not yet. The only game from the previous generation he's done that immediately comes to mind is Psychonauts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

and fable, you can find it on youtube

Have to say that I think this weeks one is one of his best. He reviews Condemed 2.

He really does hit the nail on the head every time. I've only played Condemned 1 but the mini review of that really summed it up. I must really finish it... its too scary tho...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, I watched todays and the biggest laugh for me was his comments about Indigo Prophecy / Farenheit. I remember playing that game myself and going "wtf" at the total plot change & insertion of the generic-ancient-cult strand. Classy,glad I Wasn't the only person who played that game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Finished Indigo Prophecy / Farenheit myself and did find the cult thing rather odd.

Back on topic, one of my favourite ones yet. Started off slowly but once if hit the main review the laughs kept coming. Loved the bit about the serial killer in your house :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I thought this weeks one was absolutely brilliant :D So true aswell haha, great review :)

Nick

It was more the crap with the super advanced AIs walking about the place that confused me with Fahrenheit.

Excellent review.

The original condemned was indeed pants-fillingly creepy :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Superb review as usual.

And hell yes to the ZP T-shirts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was more the crap with the super advanced AIs walking about the place that confused me with Fahrenheit.
    Oh yeah, I remember. As if ancient mystical cults weren't enough. Oh but then let's just throw in some Matrix superpowers and full on sex for absolutely no reason!

Sorry, off topic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Funny review. I have condemned 1, mean to play it just have too many games to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It was one of the funnier ones alright, but I felt he missed out on some of the games biggest flaws e.g. walk 5 steps away from evidence area to get a better view, and you are now stuck behind a 2 ft box which you aren't allowed climb over so you can't complete that puzzle.
    Or that it just wasn't as scary as the first one, with very few suprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I had to go out and buy a gamepad to try play indigo prophecy on PC and i didnt get beyond the first episode, i got sick of the whiney character and the button mashing tasks.

BTW anyone know if the little horned baddie icon that ZP uses is his own creation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ooo

He just did Brawl today.

I enjoyed it...he's at his most spiteful and thus entertaining...though i say he'll get a bit of a reaction.

• Advertisement

Yahtzee wins again \o/

He's not a real reviewer really... oh wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Controversial..... but probably fair! :)

:'(
    I've been trying to load the vid for the last 30 mins using 2 different browsers.

Ha! Probably my favourite one in quite awhile. For all its hilarious excessiveness, there is probably a glimmer of truth in the points he makes (particularly about button bashing, Nintendo fanboys, unlockables and Marth). Quite biting stuff, sure to outrage some of the more rabid Nintendo fans :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea I think that was his best review yet, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Don't really get the gripes about the unlockables. Takes you less than three hours to get Sonic really if you go the 10 characters on Classic route. Also it only takes 15 matches on Shadow Moses to get Snake. All characters can be unlocked through multiplayer.

His point about the single player is pretty fair though. It's pretty sub-par. It also only really becomes about button-basher if everybody who's playing is ****. Button bashing as Snake, that's a recipe for instant loss. :p

Good review, not the best though. Particularly because I don't agree much with it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Very enjoyable review!

I haven't gotten my hands on the game yet, but a lot of his points are applicable to the GC version and I loved that, so I'll just enjoy Yahtzee at his bitter best rather than take it too seriously :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Davidius wrote: »
    Don't really get the gripes about the unlockables. Takes you less than three hours to get Sonic really if you go the 10 characters on Classic route. Also it only takes 15 matches on Shadow Moses to get Snake. All characters can be unlocked through multiplayer.

His point about the single player is pretty fair though. It's pretty sub-par. It also only really becomes about button-basher if everybody who's playing is ****. Button bashing as Snake, that's a recipe for instant loss. :p

Good review, not the best though. Particularly because I don't agree much with it. :pac:

He warned us about the likes of you...!!!

Advertisement