Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Escapist : Zero Punctuation Game Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Red Dead Redemption

He kind of liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ads? wtf!! I want my 6 seconds back :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

greem spleen submarine. I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, the novelty has worn off at this stage. It's rare now that I laugh during his reviews.

I much prefer to watch unskippable now, they have some great vids like the Deadly Premonition one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, the novelty has worn off at this stage. It's rare now that I laugh during his reviews.

I much prefer to watch unskippable now, they have some great vids like the Deadly Premonition one.

I dunno... Each to their own i guess. Sounds like me and friend just playing any game. Except I usually laugh when i do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Grimebox wrote: »
    greem spleen submarine. I laughed.

And he got Purple Monkey Dishwasher in there as well. You gotta give him credit for that one. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I still enjoy them. Sure the "LOL HE HATES EVERYTHING" factor has worn off them, but he's still good at what he does, and you can tell a good game if he doesn't spend the entire review murdering it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I laughed a good few times at that one, which I haven't done with many of his recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1871-Super-Mario-Galaxy-2

Pretty good.
    I thought it was funny when he was talking about "Cake."
    However in order to do so I believe yathzee had to punctuate his sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

It's like he saw into my mind and decided to spread my thoughts to the masses...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Meh. Not buying SMG2 as I got bored of SMG1. Just as he said, it's not really evolved much. I completed SMB64 and loved it. I completed SMS and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got to SMG and it just felt old to me.

That's the thing that confuses me though. Every incarnation of Mario of the 2D kind never gets old no matter how many times they'll reboot it. The continuation of the 3D Mario has just slid downhill for me tbh. I don't see how SMG1 and 2 got such rave reviews :confused: Maybe it's just me getting older and relishing on nostalgia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Every incarnation of Mario of the 2D kind never gets old no matter how many times they'll reboot it.

You can't improve perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I thought the review was great. Your argument is invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Overheal wrote: »
    I thought the review was great. Your argument is invalid.

As did I... I was worried he was going to take a giant dump on it because of how Japanese it is but it was an excellent review!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SotC doesn't strike me as very Japanese, since it's quite original and the story isn't over-blown :p

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    SotC doesn't strike me as very Japanese, since it's quite original and the story isn't over-blown :p

It has an angsty protagonist to Jap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There's a distinct lack of "...", whiny "why does stuff happen?" bullsh*t and swords as big as your horse. And it's not totally batsh*t insane.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It has an angsty protagonist to Jap it up.

Angsty is fine. It's when it's moany emo twat it turns into annoying Japanese bad writing territory. The Squall factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

Any Escapist members here, incidentally? It was/is my forum of choice, but the quality of the discussions seems to have taken a nosedive circa. the MW2 release...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ancient update, but ZP done Minecraft this week, and gave it two thumbs up :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2680-Minecraft

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ancient update, but ZP done Minecraft this week, and gave it two thumbs up :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2680-Minecraft

Just after I mention it to you. Coincidence - probably. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Whoever recommended unskippable 6 months back can go die in a fire. It's just about the worst gaming 'comedy' on the internet and as funny as amputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Whoever recommended unskippable 6 months back can go die in a fire. It's just about the worst gaming 'comedy' on the internet and as funny as amputation.

Amputation can be funny, in the right context...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah I didn't think much of the few Unskippable episodes I watched.

Extra Credits, however, is very good IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i heard yahtzee opened up some insane gaming cafe in Australia. love to see it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's the Mana Bar.
    http://www.manabar.com.au/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That actually looks really cool. I wouldn't mind going there some time if I ever was Down Under.

Advertisement