Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

letting a 2 bed house

Options
  • 17-01-2008 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I am just in the process of buying a second house. the plan is to use the equity in my first home and buy another house in Ashbourne to move into and rent the first home.
    By all accounts this is quite common so as this is a first time for me being a landlord i have a few questions that someone may be able to answer for me.

1) I have a 2 bed house in Ashbourne with rear garden. i am looking for €1200 P/M for this. I am also supplying Basic Sky TV via Satilite and Wifi connection on a 1mb line. Would this be about right?

2) I am getting a local Estate Agent to manage the rental for me for 10% of the rent per month. Having spoke to a few places this figure seems right or can i get this figure reduced?

If anybody has some advice please feel free to pass it on.

Thanks
    darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

From a fellow Ashbournian (or whatever the word is :p), €1200 pm seems about right for a 2-bed rental. It's probably on the higher end of the scale but about right. I'm afraid I can't help as regards the estate agent fees.

Apparently demand is very high for rental houses in Ashbourne. I never really thought it would be. My reasononing was that as most people commute to Dublin, if you're going to rent, why not do so in Dublin. But apparently not. Friends of mine who rent in Ashbourne insist it's a cut-throat situation with very very high demand.

Off the point slightly, sorry. Anyway, best of luck with it all.

Advertisement