Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

non-3G phone on 3?

• 17-01-2008 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

considering that 3 roams on the O2 network, can I use a non-3G mobile with my 3 sim, and effectively just use the O2 network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Depends on the phone iirc. I got a nokia 6070 working with a 3 sim recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I'm pretty sure it roams on Vodafone and I'd expect you'd get cut off pretty fast since roaming costs three money. This is why they have "You must use three phones" built into the T&C and modify the firmware on their phones so that you can't manually select a different network.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's Vodafone that you'd be on then instead in Ireland if your using a non-Three phone. Might work for a bit but I'd expect them to cut you off once they notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its vodafone and in general no. they only use vodafone in places where they have no coverage so you won't get coverage in major cities and towns

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

its vodafone and in general no. they only use vodafone in places where they have no coverage so you won't get coverage in major cities and towns

But he'll have no access full stop if he isnt using a 3g phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Thanks for the replies. It seems that they have it pretty well sewn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

It's Vodafone they use but they don't use Vodafone unless your phone falls off their 3G network coverage so they wouldn't be too happy not to have any chance of you using their network so you must have a 3G phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kearnsr wrote: »
    But he'll have no access full stop if he isnt using a 3g phone

no in some places you can get coverage with a 2g phone. i've done it

Advertisement