Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Admin have access to members Private Messages...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The admins dont read or have a hack to read PM's.

Dont you think they have better things to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Spankeh wrote: »
    Dont you think they have better things to do?

Is that a trick question? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I would imagine that there would have to be some way that the Admins could access PMs on their site if criminal activity was suspected of being channeled through them.

Just think of the worst case scenario in terms of the modern world and even some of the scandals which have hit the papers in Ireland over the last 10+ years ...

Being able to do so in case of real need is very different from choosing to do so without serious cause, though.

Do you really imagine that the kind of guys who have put so much voluntary time into building up this kind of site over the last ten years would actually have any interest in rifling through your private communications? ... or would consider it ethical to do so without very good cause?

Jeez, as I understand it (and I may well have it wrong, I never really caught up with the full story) aren't they currently getting major hassle at least partly because they REFUSED to divulge personal information about members when requested to do so, and when legal guns were brought to bear?

Advertisement