Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, after 30 years of armed insurgency...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

thanks for pointing out teh even more blatantly obvious

and your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

conor2007 wrote: »
    thanks for pointing out teh even more blatantly obvious

and your point?

Your ma should have warned you not to try and head the rubber bullets back at the Brits.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

snyper wrote: »
    lol, it just shows how little you understnd the political sensativities in the north.

Even if the catholics out numbered the protestants by 3-1, the protestant community would not accept it, nor could you expect them to.
    So the Catholic majority should accept British rule then. :confused: What makes the Prods so special?
    snyper wrote: »
    This brain dead of EIRE 32 attitude needs to be, and is forgotten among the vast majority of Irish ppl.

All polls show at least 2:1 ratio in the 26 Counties support this brain dead EIRE 32 attitude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Mick86 wrote: »
    Your ma should have warned you not to try and head the rubber bullets back at the Brits.:D

Considering the practice of superglueing coins to the front of them to increase the lethality - or of hollowing them out to insert batteries that probably wouldnt be a good idea no.

i wont tell ya what your ma should have done

it will happen - ui (never seen it abbreviated till now)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Tommy T

First up its a joke to call FF 'The Republican Party'. They've done f*ck all to try bring about reunification of the country, bar every so often making noises about running candidates in the Six to keep the Republican element within it satisfied that they're going to endeavour to bring back the 4th Green Field. It never happens though! :rolleyes:

The GFA itself, has it good points and bad. The Unionist veto is my major beef with it. However it exists as a compromise by both sides, so working within it to achieve a UI is the best option.

The IRA's actions in the past few decades has been necessary. If they hadn't took the fight to the Brits and their proxy terror gangs in the North then discrimination, gerrymandering etc would probably be as common in 2008as it was in 1968.

Now that the armed struggle is at an end Republicanism is sustaning itself on the hope that a UI will be achieved through peaceful political means within the existing framework, and a changing demographic with Catholics becoming a majority by 2021 approx.

Whats with this sectarian headcount? I thought the Provisionals weren't a Sectarian movement. As I said earlier there's a sizeable minority of Catholics who'll never vote for a UI anyway so the 2021 target is a pipedream/

FF are from the non-violent republican branch. Where did 30 years of violence get us? Sunningdale for slow learners. The Armanis are happily administering British rule. What was it all for. Would Bobby Sands be happy..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Tommy T wrote: »
    What was it all for. Would Bobby Sands be happy..?
    You're right, he wouldn't be.
    The Provos should go back to war :rolleyes:

''our revenge will be the laughter of our children''

it will hold trough - different form/medium - same objective

RedPlanet wrote: »
    I don't think "protecting catholics in Belfast" was the reason the IRA blew up commercial and political targets in Britain.
    I think it was more like "lets bring the war to mainland Britiain" and see how much they like it when the murders are occuring in their own streets.

The Brits endured the might of the Luftwaffe carpet bombing London for months. Were the Provos that stupid as to think they'd crack at a few semtex jobs every few months...:D

as for whoever said the british have as much claim to teh north as ''we'' do

west brit? - jackeen - no culture - aopting others - fake

• Advertisement

belfast was also bombed - all because that vic cow couldnt control her relations

sure inbreeding will **** you up in the head

You're right, he wouldn't be.
    The Provos should go back to war :rolleyes:

So in the end of the day Bobby gave up his life for Martin to play second fiddle to the good Reverend in Stormont... What a waste of a life...

i wont tell ya what your ma should have done

Go on I can take it.

good reverend ?

''ulster says no'' - ulster says yes ya ****in tit

bobby wasnt the only to die - an it wasnt in vain

to bad she could too

:p :rolleyes:

The Brits endured the might of the Luftwaffe carpet bombing London for months. Were the Provos that stupid as to think they'd crack at a few semtex jobs every few months...:D
    But they did crack Tommy T.
    How long was it after Canary Warf that we saw Sir. Patrick Mayhew begging the IRA to please just stop?
    Wasn't long after we had the GFA...

But they did crack Tommy T.
    How long was it after Canary Warf that we saw Sir. Patrick Mayhew begging the IRA to please just stop?
    Wasn't long after we had the GFA...

Oh come off it mate. I've seen Ruth Dudley Edwards and CC O'Brien distort Irish Nationalist history before but your line that Paddy Mayhew begged the Provos to stop because of Canary Wharf tops the lot...:D

the british admited they could never defeat the ira

they didnt do that with anyone else

Oh come off it mate. I've seen Ruth Dudley Edwards and CC O'Brien distort Irish Nationalist history before but your line that Paddy Mayhew begged the Provos to stop because of Canary Wharf tops the lot...:D

Haha!
    I remember it well. It was soo funny to see that gob****e plead like a little girl. :D

Haha!
    I remember it well. It was soo funny to see that gob****e plead like a little girl. :D

got a link..?

• Advertisement

to bad she could too

:p :rolleyes:

That should be

Too bad, she could too.

the british admited they could never defeat the ira

they didnt do that with anyone else

That's why the IRA has surrendered its weapons and the British Army is still in Northern Ireland. You lads are living in a fantasy world.

The British didn't need to defaet the IRA, they employed most of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

as for whoever said the british have as much claim to teh north as ''we'' do

west brit? - jackeen - no culture - aopting others - fake

is that supposed to be an insult? actually it is more of an insult than you probably realise:D

what british troops are in the north?

ruc/psni - has protestants and catholics - all irish men

no prob with that

its true
    your adopting a culture which is not your own
    fake - west brit ya

Actually it was more likely This one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishopsgate_bombing
    And the Baltic Exchange Bomb that brought the British to the table.

:D

what british troops are in the north?

ruc/psni - has protestants and catholics - all irish men

no prob with that

But didn't you say Catholics are still descriminated agianst..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Whats with this sectarian headcount? I thought the Provisionals weren't a Sectarian movement. As I said earlier there's a sizeable minority of Catholics who'll never vote for a UI anyway so the 2021 target is a pipedream/

FF are from the non-violent republican branch. Where did 30 years of violence get us? Sunningdale for slow learners. The Armanis are happily administering British rule. What was it all for. Would Bobby Sands be happy..?

What are Northern elections but sectarian headcounts? Each party declares itself Unionist or Nationalist, and mostly (but not exclusively) gets its votes from within the Protestant or Catholic community.
    You're right the Provos aren't a sectarian movement. A lot of the founding fathers of the Republican movement were Prods, and some current members are i'm sure.

FF are from the lets wash our hands of any involvement branch! Any more cliches to throw into the mix Tommy? You're on a bit of a roll.

Actually it was more likely This one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishopsgate_bombing
    And the Baltic Exchange Bomb that brought the British to the table.

:D

No sign of Mayhew begging there...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

yes

by the mere fact that even where they are a majority they are under foreign rule

you dont get simple concepts do ya?

Advertisement