Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you Add a poll after a thread has been created?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 10:24am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do you Add a poll after a thread has been created?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Click 'edit thread' then 'go advanced' you should have the option from there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Click 'edit thread' then 'go advanced' you should have the option from there.

Tired that and didnt see any poll options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It should be under 'Thread Tools' but after a certain amount of time (I think), only a mod of the forum can add the poll. If you want I can probably add a poll for you, the option is there for me in this thread.

Tried it there in test. You can do it, it must expire alright.

When originally posting the thread you need to select the 'Post a Poll' option.

The mod can add it as Ruu points out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It was a poll for this thread but Mr ET (used to be Mr E) sorted it out for me. Asked him how he did it. I'm a mod there so thought it shouldnt have been this hard

• Advertisement

If you mod the forum you should have been able to do it as Ruu advised. Are all your privilages set up? Have a look:

addpollcq6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The option expires for users of the forum at the same time their permission to edit the post in any way expires (AFAIK). It shouldn't expire for a moderator...

Advertisement