Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is law on my side?

• 17-01-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Right,

Me and a family memeber each own 50 percent share in a house, I'm looking to buy her out but she is refusing to sell it to me, she can't afford to get a mortgage and buy me out (So I'm told), and she doesn't want to put it on the open market. I have a mortgage ready and want to buy my own house as she is already set up with her own house etc and i'm not as I'm only starting out in life really. She wants to do it up and keep renting which i'm against as that option doesn't work at all for me i'll loose money i've given her three options.

1. I buy you out.
    2. you buy me out.
    3. Keep being stubburn and I'll bid on the open market.

I was trying to avoid bringing the law into this but it doesn't look like i am being left a choice I've been told that she'll do what she wants regardless, guy's do I have a leg to stand on if I want the house sold?

Thanks you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm no legal expert but house prices are falling and look likely to continue to fall for some time. If you pay her for her half of the house now you'll be paying mostly likely more than you would have paid in rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I know, but the lower the prices go the less likely she'll ever sell to me, money is an issue but it's more me wanting to buy back and fix up my family home and raise mine there in the future.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No legal advice.

Please read the forum Charter and stickies before posting again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement