Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss ?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 11:19am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi people,every year on my tarmac yard we are invaded with moss.
    When is the best time to treat this and whats the best means of treating it?
    Ive tried a lot of the the usual stuff from my local hardware store mos-go,jays fluid etc etc.
    Ive never totally gotten rid of it nor got the yard as clean as i want.
    Any advice on how and when to tacle this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

We have a long driveway into our house - house 9 years old - tarmac - 8 years and we have a similar problem. My neighbour NEVER seems to have problems although we have a few trees between the two houses. Another neighbour told me that there is stuff like salts which is not easily got - maybe the hardware store or garden centre-and it is very effective. Power hosing is not an option as it ruins the tarmac as in, shifts the surface!! Someone suggested bleach.

This year I am going to try and get the salts - by all accounts, Spring is the time to tackle this problem.

Advertisement