Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the new Tesco in Athlone?

• 17-01-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭

Hi i hear their building in Baylough - does anyone know of the exact site?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

It's a Tesco Express. From memory it's in a new development called the Shine Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Don't think it's open yet? There was an ad in the paper looking for staff this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

They have signs up for it now, its next to Shines Pub (and Guesthouse)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Across from the Oakdale estate, beside Freda's and Scrubs laundrette. Its not open yet - a work in progress it seems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

It opened last Friday, anyone in it yet & what do ye think of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah I was in it, its actually alright they have a good few things in there.
    No deli counter, but they have the self service tills.
    But they dont want you getting a trolley, even though there is a load of trolleys outside.
    I dont know how long the spar shop will stay open, it just has the deli counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Ya, was in it. Was impressed. Has everything you need... except as the previous poster said a deli counter. I found the staff lovely too. spar could be hit alright especially as tescos has better parking facilities.

Advertisement