Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista issue when using caps lock

• 17-01-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Every time i use the caps lock a little message comes on screen to let me know caps is on or off. While this message is on screen i cannot type but must wait for it to go and likewise when i want to take caps lock off i must press it wait and then continue typing. It drives me crazy as it slows me down something serious. Is this a vista issue or is it my machine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

It isn't a Vista issue anyway. What machine are you using? Sounds like it is a software issue. Something like Dell Quickset perhaps that is an on screen display to let you know what things are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

im using a new advent which i just bought as a back up laptop but this issue is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

By the sounds of it you need to find out what Advent's on screen display software is and try and temporarily disable it from starting with the computer and see if that helps. You should see it in msconfig under the Startup tab.

Edit: It may be called OSD.exe or something like that. Google any programs you don't know that are starting up and you should find it.

Advertisement