Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much stamp duty will I pay in April?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

is it 30 or 40? I know it was reduced in the budget but is that from april 08 or 09? I paid the reduced amount on my laser card. Just that I want to change providers (if PTSB ever process my application, waiting about 4months between them not knowing where my application is or changing their mind on what ID etc they need from me) and want to know how much "extra" to leave in my old credit card account to cover stamp duty when its closed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I was only charged 10 instead of 20 by Ulster Bank for my Laser card the other day so I am assuming the changes came into effect already.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I heard Mary O'Dea from Financial Regulator's office the other day say that they no longer double charge when changing credit card providers. You used to have to pay €40 on closure and €40 on opening new one. I'm sure it is somewhere on www.itsyourmoney.ie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

broker2008 wrote: »
    I heard Mary O'Dea from Financial Regulator's office the other day say that they no longer double charge when changing credit card providers. You used to have to pay €40 on closure and €40 on opening new one. I'm sure it is somewhere on www.itsyourmoney.ie though.

you are charged when you close an account tho and then need to get a letter from your old company and send it to your new company. The new company them doesn't charge you the duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

it'll be 30e.

Advertisement