Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphic designer required for logo revamp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rhodney

i can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

I'll play around with this for you over the weekend and post something up Monday ! :) What type you looking for? formal? wacky? etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alphiebizz

The only word that springs to mind is modern. People tell me the old logo is dated. Feel free to express any ideas you have. Many Thanks,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is this a paid project?

I agree, the logo is in need of a major revamp! Its your company image, and its not doing much at the moment. The quality is pretty poor also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Here's my two cents!

I went for something two colour and simple

th.1f7da27aa0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I like eamon's logo ... make it more "fishy" and you are on to a winner.

thanks 6th - I was tempted to do that but I thought the alpha symbol looked kinda fishy as it was and if I distorted it too much people wouldn't realise it was the alpha symbol!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id change the colours in that.. I assume the use of the symbol is permitted, with the other company Alphyra(sp?) using it also? Not sure if they can trademark such a symbol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alphiebizz

Guys this is a paid project for the "winning" logo, with the possibility of further design work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

Good luck with that. I want a telephone system, if you 'win' i'll pay the bill.

http://www.no-spec.com/

• Advertisement

alphiebizz wrote: »
    Guys this is a paid project for the "winning" logo, with the possibility of further design work.

Do you have an email address I can contact you on? Your PM are disabled.

Sully wrote: »
    Id change the colours in that.. I assume the use of the symbol is permitted, with the other company Alphyra(sp?) using it also? Not sure if they can trademark such a symbol.

How can you trademark a letter of the alphabet? It's a standard symbol font.

eamon234 wrote: »
    How can you trademark a letter of the alphabet? It's a standard symbol font.

I thought I read somewhere about certain types of symbols being trademarked, some gray area..

The only area where this has been an issue is in the USA where Sorority houses copyright the combination of greek letters in their name e.g. Alpha Delta Pi - this would not apply to single symbols unless the symbol was drawn in a very specific style.

heggie wrote: »
    Good luck with that. I want a telephone system, if you 'win' i'll pay the bill.

http://www.no-spec.com/

Jesus what a whiny website - not very well designed either:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

by all means work for free, professionals however, choose not to.

Advertisement