Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Build (~ €1,000)

Options
  • 17-01-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey Lads!! I'm new to these forums but i thought this place might be a great spot to get some advice about my new self build system! I've been doing some research for the past 2-3 weeks and now i'm planning to finally order my components in lets say about a week or 2...
    I'm currently limited to a budget of around € 1,000, so for now i'm planning to get Intel DualCore E2160 and then overclock it to 3.0 Ghz or maybe even 3.2/3.4 Ghz and use it for the next 2/3 months until the release of Q9450.

I'm probably going to order my stuff from either ebuyer or dabs since the komplett prices seems to be a joke this days.

My Build:
    MONITOR: Samsung SM206BW 20" Widescreen TFT

CPU: Intel DualCore E2160 (1.8GHz) 1MB L2 Cache
    HEATSINK: Arctic Cooling AC-FRZ-7P Freezer 7 Pro
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775 ATX
    GPU: Innovision 3D 8800GTS 512MB
    RAM: OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM
    HARD DRIVE: Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ 500GB SATAII 16MB Cache
    OPTICAL DRIVE: LG 18X SATA DVD±RW/DL/RAM OEM
    CASE: Coolermaster CM690 Dominator
    PSU: Corsair VX 550W

TOTAL: € 985 inc. delivery

So what you think of my Build? Should i perhaps replace some of those parts for something cheaper and even better but at the same time not to go over my budget ?
    I bet some of you are more knowledgeable then i am when it comes to pc building so i'm eagerly waiting for your advice or any sort of suggestions ! ;)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Thats a very build for €1000 mate.....

The E2160 is a class cpu,great motherboard,cool case...

I dont think you can do better than that for €1000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

id go with 4 gigs if i were you. ya may aswell like for the price that it is. u didnt say if ur usin 32 or 64 bit, but ul still get 3.5gb (grfx is 512mb) registered. so ya may aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

the dual ram type board may be questionable by the purists but its a neat build and youve obviously done your homework.

Advertisement