Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kenyan politics

Options
  • 17-01-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

thanks alot to all you guys who took time to reply to the thread i posted. but now i have this question, why is it very difficult for someone who is in power to let go when its very obvious he/she wont live with it forever?

the other thing is that the opposition side in the government who the leader is raila odinga are being told to go to court to challenge the presdential results which declared mwai kibaki the president. but they still dont want to go. is it that they will lose? i dont know much about court issues, if you know please let me know why the opposition fear going to court

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's a general principle here that to start a discussion, you must put your own views forward first - please do so, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Tommy T

nixion wrote: »
    hallo everyone, is anyone there who is intrested in disscussing about the politics in kenya. iam a kenyan and i need to here the views of people out there on the way forward or even a word of advice to us the youths of this country. i will be very glad to here from anyone who has been following the news lately

Hi Nixion. I've been following the events in Kenya closely. It seems there's a willingness on both sides for talks to commence. Its just a matter of both sides not losing face or having an advantage over the other.

It's not like Rwanda at all and I am hopeful for your future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Are you anywhere near the violence, nixion?

Good to have you aboard by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Hiya Nixion, welcome to boards.

Nixion and I have swapped few mails and I was telling him of boards, glad to see you've started posting already!

As far as opinions on Kenya, I've been encouraged by what I hear from the Kenyan people, but discouraged by what I hear from the government. They seem determined to cling on to power in the face of international and popular discontent.

What's changed for you Nixion, since the elections? Is day to day life in Mombasa muchd different to before?

Maybe I spoke too soon. it seems the Police are on a killing spree...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7194744.stm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I was hoping things would have claimed especially when I saw the politicians arguing in parliament, but i reckon it is odinga who turned the country into a killing field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nixion

i also thought the same infact iwas very sure that we were going back to normal but i knew things would be rough in the 10th parliament this time round.i even expected mr raila to call off the mass protest but it seems these learders are still in need of more of kenyan blood. just yesterday the protest here in mombasa, a 3yrs old child was shot at the back i suppose the mother was carrying him. luckily the doctors removed the bullet and he is still alive. but the ten year old in kisumu was not lucky he was shot on the chest.
    the latest victim is also a woman who was shot dead in her house while sitted.the bulet penetraded her iron sheet house. leaving behind her ten year old girl who is now orphaned. i dont know when these things will come to an end

koffi anan is expected to jet in the country today. its very clear that a huge task awaits him with the odm side having already made their demands for which the govrnment must meet.

the mombasa university college still remains closed. we the students are suffering just because the school authorities still fear that the students will riot

koffi anan is expected to jet in the country today. its very clear that a huge task awaits him with the odm side having already made their demands for which the govrnment must meet.

the mombasa university college still remains closed. we the students are suffering just because the school authorities still fear that the students will riot

That must be very frustrating for you Nixion. But the authorities are probably thinking that the less gatheiring points for demonstrators to gather to the better.

I hope Anan can bring the sides together and life can get back to nomal for you all...

thanks tommy t i also do hope we are headed for the better.and this will be like something which happened and will never come again. i think the leaders have now realised that stealing is a big sin and calling for mass action is like asking for more deaths. i really hope they have learned from their mistake. and the blood which was spilled during this period cries out for revenge and am very sure we serve a God who is fair and just.

thanks again tommy t for always being around to give out your views i appreciate that.

iam still at home i dont know when the college will open and yet the learders will get their salary at the end of this month. and me i will get no education this month.

their is a famous saying that when elephants fight,the grass undernith will always feel the pain. iam the grass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

opposition leaders are right to challenge Kenya's rigged presidential poll, but they can't use it as an excuse for targeting ethnic groups
    Georgette Gagnon
    Human Rights Watch (US group)
    http://hrw.org/english/docs/2008/01/23/kenya17859.htm

seems they've lifted the uk tourist flight block

interesting how it done

The new advisory removes the blanket ban on 'non-essential travel' to Kenya and replaces it with an advice against travel to specific parts of the country.

"This means that Britons coming to Kenya can now get travel insurance," the Kenya Tourism Federation

Blanket travel advisories mean that travellers do not get insurance to the named destinations and always has the impact of travel cancellations.

Kenya: Five Hotels Shut As Tourists Stay Away
    http://allafrica.com/stories/200801220698.html

i think at the moment only german tourists are jetting in the country, most of the european countries still have the ban on. but mombasa is safe. iam in mombasa. if you have any plans of coming rest assured you will enjoy yourself. most of the hotels here are closing down since the number of tourists has decreased

their is a famous saying that when elephants fight,the grass undernith will always feel the pain. iam the grass.

Thats a great saying mate and very true. What are you studyng in university?

just yesterday in the early morning a minister was shot dead. today another one is also shot dead by a police officer. both mps were from the odm team in the opposition side. i really dont think these people are ready for peace in this nation. with the killings going on.

Advertisement