Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Restaurants in KK?

• 17-01-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi Im heading to KK in a few weeks and want to make a booking in any good restaurant if anyone has any ideas can you pass them on please and thanks. Not fussy on food type anything will do!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Zuni and Rinuccini's are excellent. Apparently the River Court hotel's restaurant is amazing, but I've never eaten there myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

fricatus wrote: »
    Zuni and Rinuccini's are excellent. Apparently the River Court hotel's restaurant is amazing, but I've never eaten there myself.

Where abouts are they?(Zuni and Rinuccini) I presume they are Italian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Rinuccini's is just across the road from Kilkenny Castle, so should be pretty easy to find. Zuni is nearby on Patrick st, not too far up the street from the main high street/parade junction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Cafe Sol (just off High St) is also v. good - my favourite in KK actually.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

+1 for Cafe Sol, especially good value early bird there, excellent food, also my favourite in KK.....
    Fleva on high st, beside the town hall is excellent too but haven't eaten there as much...
    The emerald garden is an excellent chinese, again with a great early bird... also on high st...
    I find Zuni too expensive :(
    Rinucinni on the parade is very special imo, very nice as a treat every now and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Vote here for Fleva too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I've had a couple of really great meals in Fleva, but then a couple of really stodgy ones too - so I'm always a bit reluctant to recommend it.

The food in Rinucinnis is lovely - but the last time I was there I was seated on one of those tables in the corridor between the two main dining rooms - people walking past all evening to go to the loo. So annoying! Talk about greedy business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I had a really bad experience in Rinucinnis. Was there for a family celebration meal, and one of our party only got his main course when we had finished all ours. Put us off going back again.

Service in general that night seemed to be bad. Tables around us seemed to be sending back lots of meals.

Advertisement