Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF: Green Light Has Been Given For the creation of human/animal embryo's hybrids!

• 17-01-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mheyeyidkfsn/

ok well i think its alright myself, i dont think that god will be angry or any of that crap, but i am suprised i know the uk lifed the a few research bans recently which just makes sense. But i am suprised we have reached this level so quickly, i dont think we will see any manbearpigs running around anytime soon. But the potentional for curing diesse is amazing, if i am right sharks are resistant to cancer?. This has some impressive applications.

What is eveyone elses views? Do you think this should/should not be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If you look at some of the "creatures" wandering around the streets, or on our TV screens, you get the impression that this has been going on for years, in secret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Here i sit on the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i'm guessing that curing cancer etc is above manbearpigs in terms of priority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

snyper wrote: »
    Here i sit on the fence.
    It's an awfully comfortable fence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

probbley but if its legal you know someone will make one!

• Advertisement

lol gotta love Southpark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Who knows what will be going on behind closed doors with this type of thing. I think it has to be strictly controlled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

User45701 wrote: »
    if i am right sharks are resistant to cancer?.
    They're just more resistant to developing cancer after exposure to carcinogenic compounds than we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

KaG1888 wrote: »
    lol gotta love Southpark

I blame this guy
    http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdPDSOP0005.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im going to sit on the fence making doodles of cross bred animals. Ah, Junior Cert Geography. Did I learn anything that year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

Finally, those flying monkey servants are no longer just a dream.

Archeron wrote: »
    Finally, those flying monkey servants are no longer just a dream.

"What are you going to do with the money from your EuroMillions win?"

"Flying monkeys"

Yup i can see it now, Actually if i had spare cash i would get a pigion rat made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mheyeyidkfsn/

ok well i think its alright myself, i dont think that god will be angry or any of that crap

Well that was my first concern, that a supreme being who lives above the clouds might disapprove, crisis averted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This is great news.
    I'm definitely gonna need a few replacement organs due to the amount of abuse I've put my body through for 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

If this is the same story, (that link has no info, and the second link doesn't work), then this is old news.

Back in...(october/november? I think) they licensed this. Assuming it's the same type of research they're not animal/human hybrids per se, they're chimeras. WHich emans they place a colony of specific cells into an area of the developing embryo. As the embryo grows and the tissues develop so too do the implanted cells. What you wind up with is an animal from one specieis possessing tissue from a different species. One of the commonest examples was a chimeric fish which produced salmon semen (the fish wasn't salmon itself :P).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If it benifits mankind, it can't be bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

if i am right sharks are resistant to cancer?

Cure for cancer: swim with sharks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ghost in the Shell was right - everyone is going to have a pet pig-donor :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Sure they've been putting human DNA into other animals or years, usually for research or to use the creature as a living bio-reactor to produce human enzymes/proteins.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism

If I remember correctly Genie the pig was a transgenic which produced human insulin in her milk.

Nope, was wrong, it was protein C in her milk:
    http://www.beardedman.net/science/genetics/xeno.html
    The specific case where Genie, the pig, was used for the production of highly concentrated levels of protein C in her milk is an example of such a transgenic technique. By manipulating the pig’s DNA, humans with an inborn deficiency of protein C could obtain the extra amounts needed through the pig’s milk. Such transgenic methods are favorable because of the reduced costs. At the same time, mass profit could be gained as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Two words: Military applications. Finally a worthy adversary for my legions of mash-class killdrones nestled away safely in the craters on the other side of the moon. Seriously though, its as funny as fuck thinking about the confused looks on the faces of archaeologists of future civilisations picking over the still-warm ruins of our great cities when they come across manwolf hybrid skeletons. Score one for intelligent design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

farohar wrote: »
    Sure they've been putting human DNA into other animals for years

yeah, sheep-shagging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

]if i am right sharks are resistant to cancer?. This has some impressive applications.
    g'em wrote: »
    They're just more resistant to developing cancer after exposure to carcinogenic compounds than we are.

Well, duh! They live underwater, they can't smoke!

Sure they've been putting human DNA into other animals or years, usually for research or to use the creature as a living bio-reactor to produce human enzymes/proteins.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism

If I remember correctly Genie the pig was a transgenic which produced human insulin in her milk.

Nope, was wrong, it was protein C in her milk:
    http://www.beardedman.net/science/genetics/xeno.html

I remember, actually i posted about it back in november, from what i remember it was a change in the law that allowed expermentation with human embryos, This new law allows the merging of human/animal embryos
    If this is the same story, (that link has no info, and the second link doesn't work), then this is old news.

Back in...(october/november? I think) they licensed this. Assuming it's the same type of research they're not animal/human hybrids per se, they're chimeras. WHich emans they place a colony of specific cells into an area of the developing embryo. As the embryo grows and the tissues develop so too do the implanted cells. What you wind up with is an animal from one specieis possessing tissue from a different species. One of the commonest examples was a chimeric fish which produced salmon semen (the fish wasn't salmon itself :P).

Hmm I didnt know that, thanks for the link...

www.humanupgrades.com

You better get in there quick if you want your grandsons to be hung like donkeys. It will also put paid to a lot of future spam.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You better get in there quick if you want your grandsons to be hung like donkeys. It will also put paid to a lot of future spam.

Making tinned meat from donkey dongs?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know what this means, don't you?

Real life furries! :eek:

Well, if your grandson wants to put his mutant todger in the mincing machine, then it's entirely up to him. I'd blame the parents' parents.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Ahahahaha. I hope that was intentional...

This is good news. I for one, look forward to my wings and eagle vision.

As for the "God won't be angry" statement, your God would not have given us the ability to do this if he didn't want us to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Its chimps I tell you! If dogs could make woman pregnant there would be a lot of hairy babies around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Explain your theory...

Naos wrote: »
    Explain your theory...

Not here. This is bat country. Do not try to Google woman dog relations.

You know what this means, don't you?

Real life furries! :eek:

Oh jeebus!:eek: Now getting jiggy with it might result in rug burn AND fur burn!:(
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I think absolutely anything that can be done to cure cancer should be done.

I'm sick of the church standing in the way of things that could save a huge amount of people every year.

rb_ie wrote: »

I'm sick of the church standing in the way of things that could save a huge amount of people every year.

And create a superior race.

"You blew it up! Damn You! Damn You ALL ta helll!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

rb_ie wrote: »

Hell, with the super-mutant soldiers we can create now we can wage war on the church! And then we can invade heaven!

God -vs- giant gorilla man with wings, no-holds-barred in a steel cage, winner gets the universe! Buddah can referee

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Hell, with the super-mutant soldiers we can create now we can wage war on the church! And then we can invade heaven!

God -vs- giant gorilla man with wings, no-holds-barred in a steel cage, winner gets the universe! Buddah can referee

Not Buddha. He was so peaceful in his lifetime he probably just wants to kill...

Advertisement