Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse-riding in macroom/ballincollig area??

Options
  • 17-01-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

My daughter is nearly 7 and would like to join horse - riding, i think it is a great idea, as i did it, along with my sisters when we were younger and loved it..
    I did hear of a girl that does lessons in farnanes..but she charges €10 for half an hour!! is that seriously the going rate?? surely it cant be..

Anybody know of any places between macroom and ballincollig that do horse - riding lessons??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Femmy wrote: »
    Anybody know of any places between macroom and ballincollig that do horse - riding lessons??

Try Inniscarra, there used to be one out there dont know if they are still operating though. Think you turn left by Twomeys pub after the bridge

Blarney Riding Centre, Tel. (Cork) 385854 and in Ballincollig Pony Trekking for off -road Trekking. Tel.(Cork) 4873654.

Not sure about Macroom. The Castle Hotel apparently arranges something for guests, not sure if they would help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think that my sister goes to the Blarney Riding Centre. There used to be a riding centre in Raleigh/Kilnamartyra, but I think that it closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

thanks guys..
    what do ye think about the €10 for half an hour???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I don't know the going rate Femmy, but that sounds reasonable to me. My niece goes to the one in Blarney too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It seems reasonable to me too. But I'm open to correction on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Femmy wrote: »
    thanks guys..
    what do ye think about the €10 for half an hour???

Seems reasonable enough, They have to cover their overheads like any other business I suppose. You could PM a Mod in the Equestrian forum for a second opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Was just asking my mom how much did it cost when we went horseriding when young, she said that it was probably around the same as the €10 per half an hour..that i would be paying now..
    Thanks again for all the replies..will check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SadhbhK

I think that 10 euro is actually a very fair price!
    I work at a stables and we charge 15 for a half an hour!!
    I would recommend Greybrook in waterfall there in the yellow pages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

OP, I think there's a place called Ballyburden Riding School - ........might be worth a phone call............087 2679135

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

You won't like my reply but hey honest opinions are what you get on boards!

€10 for half an hour is an absolute bargain. I would imagine it's a very expensive business to run. Houses are large animals, they need food, stables, people to clean the stables, vet bills, insurance for the lessons...

How much would you expect it to cost:confused:

All childrens hobbies cost money. How much are music lessons? I don't know but they probably cost a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

When my daughter started off it was €20 for a half hour and when she improved her lesson went up to one hour and it was still €20. The riding school loaned hats and back protectors and advised you just to put jeans and wellies on the child to begin with. If they stuck with it then you could buy the gear. We still borrow the back protector but she has her own boots, hat, whip and jodhpurs.

Advertisement