Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new friends!!!

Options
  • 17-01-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi there, I need some help. I moved to Waterford two years ago and have found it quite hard meeting new people. I know very few people here and its getting lonely. Fancy being friends? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have you tried the Waterford forum where you can find us?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try looking under the Waterford City or County forum, link to South East is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Molly007

Hi Jenny . I know there is at least one hill walking club who go up the Comeragh Mountains from Waterford on Sundays (the loneliest day of the week) and its a great way to get out and be with a group of friendly people and put in the day. Try http://www.dungarvanhillwalking.org/ and Comeraghs Club at http://homepage.tinet.ie/~seanjoanfogarty/ Good Luck!smile.gif
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭twinkle77

Hi Jenny

I know exactly how you feel. I have been living in waterford all my life, i have a group of friends but they are all either married, engaged or seeing someone. They are all off doing their own thing and I am like the spare wheel. I dont think it matters how long you have been living somewhere it can still be a very lonely place. I am finding this out a lot lately.

There is no where in this town for me to go. I am sick of sitting but yet am not into the whole going out on the tear every weekend. Thats grand every now and then but in the town that gets very tiring after a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭JennyG73

Hi Molly & Twinkle,

Good to hear from you both.

Molly that is a great idea will give them a shout during the week to catch up next sunday. May be see you there.

Twinkle I know exactly how you feel, how do we cope in this coupled world. People look at me strangly when I say I am single. What is it, a crime!! Anyway, don't be alone. I am always here if you want a chat. Why don't we try walking the mountains like Molly suggested. It might be a good way to meet other people. I will give them a shout and let you know. Mind you my sense of direction is awful so it may take me a couple of weeks to get to the mountain lol.

Chat to you both soon.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Thanks! Oh the joy of being single!! I know what you mean like if i had a choice would I be single.....eh NO!! People look at me with pity and with a whats wrong with you face! And to top it all off Valentines day is jsut around the corner!!! I am hear if you want to chat too.

See you up the mountains!

Take care.

:)

;) Good morning!

Hey don't let valentines day get you down. I bet there are loads of single people feeling the same way, we can't be the only two single ones in Waterford.

Looking forward to pancakes this afternoon! What are you giving up for lent? I am going to try giving up food lol.

Had a real pain last night trying to send a message on boards, I don't think my computer is up to the task!

Anyway have a happy pancake day

Keep smiling :)

I got your reply molly by email but the tread hasn't got to the site. Hope you enjoyed your pancakes too. Was absolutely stuffed full of pancakes last night ahahhahahah. On the weight watchers meals today and I'm starving.

Thanks for the tip on the mountain walking, I contacted the group yesterday. I can't go this weekend but will try and make it the following week. A little worried that I am unfit to say the least.

Afraid no idea on the plenary rules, however I believe that we were meant to give up eggs!!!!!!!! How bad is that!

Hope you are well

Jen:)

Hey don't let valentines day get you down. I bet there are loads of single people feeling the same way, we can't be the only two single ones in Waterford.

Looking forward to pancakes this afternoon! What are you giving up for lent? I am going to try giving up food lol.

Had a real pain last night trying to send a message on boards, I don't think my computer is up to the task!

Anyway have a happy pancake day

Keep smiling :)

Hi Jen,

Thanks for that. Its hard not to as I am recently single. Cant help feeling bah humbug towards V day!!! Begining to feel we are the only single ones out there.

As for the pancakes......one too many, you have too though, its only once a year. Hope you enjoyed yours. Me give something up for Lent, that will be the day, Oh wait......I would give up being single if I could!!!

So have you managed to stick to the whole givin up food??? Lol

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement