Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do we lets scumbags like this walk our streets...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

cancan wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/polish-worker-sprayed-with-flamethrower-in-street-attack-1267682.html

What sort of person does this.
    Prision wouldn't be good enough for em.

When will enough be enough - why should the rights of the majority be overruled by a minority of brainless scumbags....
    It seems to never end.

I am not surprised one bit. Ireland is becoming one big dive populated by scum. There is more scum than nice people and it is more noticable in Limerick than anywhere else IMO. I can't wait to get the **** out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

:(

Horrific...

\mental note #947: leave Limerick ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

It's the lack of outrage that bothers me most.
    Drive by shootings, check, setting new immigrant on fire, check.
    Anti social louts breeding like rabbits and getting away with more and more, check.

Does anyone even care anymore?

cancan wrote: »
    It's the lack of outrage that bothers me most.
    Drive by shootings, check, setting new immigrant on fire, check.
    Anti social louts breeding like rabbits and getting away with more and more, check.

Does anyone even care anymore?

I am beginning to think that as more and more of these rats take over the place we are heading for a city that is going to be like Compton. The decent people are gonna be pushed out by these thugs. 10 years from now Limerick is going to be a total no-go area. Everything is being tolerated instead of stamped out. There is no community spirit and no desire to challenge these bastards. The next generation are going to be a lot worse. We need zero tolerance like in America. The cops there wouldn't tolerate the **** that goes on here. The other day I witnessed a crime scene where all these rats were standing around and the guards were entertaining them instead of telling them to get lost and mind their own business. Loitering needs to be stamped out first and foremost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

is there any area in Limerick city where there aren't any scumbags these days? Seems to me that they are moving out of the problem areas and spreading their disease to the rest of the city, to be fair, i don't understand why people are tolerating this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

JohnG2176 wrote: »
    is there any area in Limerick city where there aren't any scumbags these days? Seems to me that they are moving out of the problem areas and spreading their disease to the rest of the city, to be fair, i don't understand why people are tolerating this...

Limerick is too small for it's own good really - there is less of a "good-side" / "bad-side" that you will see in other cities/countries...And people tolerate because of fear and it's the same everywhere - remember the stories of a bouncer of Docs who tried to stop the scum and police, they didn't get the reward they deserved for doing a tough job.

People can't stand up to people causing trouble - the safety tip is to yell "fire" instead of "help" now because no one will come to your aid...And who can blame them really?!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What about the doctor and his assistant that were stabbed in St Anne's day hospital in Roxboro yesterday?

The doctor was stabbed five times in the chest and neck and is fighting for his life in Cork now and the assistant was stabbed a number of times, but is thankfully in better condition.

The guy that did it was just after being released for a manslaughter charge and has a string of violent crimes to his name.

No doubt the old insanity plea will be used to help wriggle off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 PiP 101

The problem i can see in limerick is that we are trying to sort out areas by regeneration thats fine no problems but in ten years we will be regenerating suburban areas as a result of relocation . We are creating a problem by being too nice , the council , corporation or HSE or whoever is to blame giving out houses need to buck up and think about what they are doing to some areas of the city by giving out free/ subsidised houses . I know of a small area in dooradoyle where the council have bought 3 houses in two terraces to house people . Now slowly but surely the auctioneers signs are starting to creep up along the rest of the area . Another thing i see is teenagers from good backgrounds and areas actually wanting to be scumbags and bring down their own area .Its hard to deal with scum when so called respectable kids are sometimes just as bad.

PiP 101 wrote: »
    The problem i can see in limerick is that we are trying to sort out areas by regeneration thats fine no problems but in ten years we will be regenerating suburban areas as a result of relocation . We are creating a problem by being too nice , the council , corporation or HSE or whoever is to blame giving out houses need to buck up and think about what they are doing to some areas of the city by giving out free/ subsidised houses . I know of a small area in dooradoyle where the council have bought 3 houses in two terraces to house people . Now slowly but surely the auctioneers signs are starting to creep up along the rest of the area . Another thing i see is teenagers from good backgrounds and areas actually wanting to be scumbags and bring down their own area .Its hard to deal with scum when so called respectable kids are sometimes just as bad.

True that. All these kids from so called respectable areas apeing after the scumbag image. I know of one guy whose father is a cop and he is a total scumbag who spends all his time cruising around in his sewing machine piece of junk excuse for a car and smoking joints. His father hasn't a clue. The idiot even brags about it on bebo.

that is sickening you cant say it starts at home ... what is appealing about being perceived as a scumbag is beyond me . How can one person who works hard to get ahead and buy a house or a car or anything really be brought down to a level by some little S**t . it pisses me off that we sometimes take pity on young scum saying what hope have they but what hope have anyone if thats our mentality . I said to my local TD last year when he came to look for my vote what were his partys plans to deal with the problems and to see his face drop did not give me confidence that it is being dealt with on a local level . If you fail to plan you plan to fail as the saying goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

is there any area in Limerick city where there aren't any scumbags these days? QUOTE]

Yes Plenty.

snyper wrote: »
    is there any area in Limerick city where there aren't any scumbags these days? QUOTE]

Yes Plenty.

Where ??????

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

As ha already been stated there are no parts of Limerick unaffected by this at this stage. Likewise, formerly 'good' neighbourhoods are slowly being 'infected' by this curse as the scumbags are often the only ones who can afford the price tags of houses in the affluent parts of the city. If something isn't done soon the whole city might as well be bulldozed into the Shannon before it's blight spreads out.

Now I'll here you say, oh don't be so extreme, or it's the same in other cities but you know it really isn't. There's an almost animal savagery at play here and it affects all levels of Limerick society. I have personal experience of 'good kids gone bad', kids whose parents have good jobs who think because of that they can act anyway they wish and get away with it. It's sickening.

As has been pointed out it's the Good Samaritan approach that has lead us to this ugly point. The attempts to 'rehabilitate' the offenders, the gardais complete inability to do anything about young offenders, out laughable penal system. Jail should only be for serious crime (that is anything resulting in direct harm to the victim, or to society e.g. rape, theft, murder, kidnap, DUI etc).

For lesser crimes (vandalism, disorderly conduct, breach of the peace, drug dealing (for small amounts)) immediate enforcement of public corporal punishment would have a better effect than months of court cases only to have the criminal released because of lack of resources to punish him/her.

Drag the b*****ds onto O Connell Street, tie them to a pole and beat the living daylights out of them. Would anyone risk that for the thrill of acting the maggot?? Get them when they're young and if they're too dumb to obey societys rules for their own good scare them into doing it.

Perhaps my example is a bit extreme but can anyone think of a better solution??

Anyways my two cents,
    -RD

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

They seem to thrive on violence so I can't see how turning Limerick into a scene from a medieval film will help.

Drag the b*****ds onto O Connell Street, tie them to a pole and beat the living daylights out of them. Would anyone risk that for the thrill of acting the maggot?? Get them when they're young and if they're too dumb to obey societys rules for their own good scare them into doing it.

A lot of poles would be needed .

Too many do-gooders and not enough arse kickers. Giving them a nice new house isn't going to achieve anything. The only thing they understand is a kick in the hole. The guards are clueless. This softly softly approach is a joke. We need zero tolerance NOW!

my point excactly Ronmexico !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Chain gang them and they will not be quick to offend again, law is on their side, if you are slightly over the limit driving a car the law will pounce on you, beat the crap out of someone and they will treat you like a king

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

if chain ganging doesn't work the hubby said a gang of d white tracksuit wearing monkeys should be publicly disembowelled and their legs and arms cut off and thrown into the four sides of the park where they drink their cider

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

RonMexico wrote: »

Where ??????

The Nunnary

• Advertisement

The Nunnary

:D

if chain ganging doesn't work the hubby said a gang of d white tracksuit wearing monkeys should be publicly disembowelled and their legs and arms cut off and thrown into the four sides of the park where they drink their cider

Na it would ruin the park. That big pile of ****e metal behind the Clarion Hotel would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

yes the country needs a more hard lined approach to law and order especially for vandalism/anti social behavior, because this will inevitably lead to more serious crime these **** heads have no respect for society and they should thought this by any means because it is only decent people who respect law an order who suffer, they do not contribute in the least to our country and worse still i have to pay for them out of my own pocket.

And apologists talk ****e about them being stuck in a vicious circle no education /work and will inflame the situation by giving them more handouts and giving the impresion that "yes its ok" to be a drain our society, you can continue as ye are will just give you another handout! stupid ***** are breading like rabits as well to thick to use contraceptives.

something extreme has to be done, giving them freebies does not work, they need to be forced as well i know this propably sounds like facism to some people to me it sounds like good sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

in holland if you trash your house you are moved, the 2nd time you are moved again this time to the street,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

Feel very sorry for the victim of the story. Just wanting a better life for his wife and kid. But you can't really be going around a city on your own anymore, even just after dark things are a bit dicey.

I personally think its a number of problems contributing to the current social trends.

Stated earlier the lack of community spirit is a major issue and is product of modern society. It happens everywhere, people just bypassing issues as they are under the illusion that someone else will deal with it often because we are constantly been told what to do.

A good example of this happening was on the london underground, a coca cola vending machine caught fire and started filling the surrounding area with thick black smoke. Rather than raising the alarm people ignored it waited for their train while others, seen this actually got off their train onto the platform. 2 people died from smoke inhalation.

Same theory goes with these sort of crimes if someone sees it. "oh, someone else rang the cops.." "i dont want to get involved or else I will be hurt" So with this constant fear and ignorance the whole stranger having your back is gone. Instead we live in houses with 10 locks on one door.

Secondly, the system isn't capable of dealing with these people. There is no where to put them for a start as prisons are over flowing, the police have little impact on thugs as they are usually under the age of 17 most of time.

Also I think alot of young people have somewhat apathetic views of the world. Not really engaging in it just getting by, living lives that consist of working during the week..getting smashed on the weekends and ending it with a fight or a sh*g or both. Affluent areas are no guarantee of producing better people as already stated in this thread with young man and his Cop dad.

I think if things need to change to you need to change the whole system and how we view these things. How can you string someone up in O'connell street and beat him half to death and claim morale high ground and have the rules bent because "he" did it first.

If you really want to see change you need to initiate it from the ground up, instead of waiting for someone higher up the political food chain to change things.

On a personal level, I've never had any trouble and I live very close to the city center.But then again I dont go wandering about on my own at ridiculous hours.

Many people I talk to have aspirations of leaving limerick and ireland because of these problems, myself included.

These are happening at such an alarming rate its unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Tea Leaf

Reading all these responses leaves little to the imagination as to where this scum comes from. Meeting violence with violence means more violence.

As for this:
    Get them when they're young and if they're too dumb to obey societys rules for their own good scare them into doing it.

Hitler was raised this way.

Guys, it's time to stop this rot not by getting even or running away, but by getting smart.

As for the assumption by the author of the article that the attack wasn't race related, I sincerely doubt it. Asking for a smoke is one way to find out where a person's from and if you don't like the accent, you get it in the neck. I hope that poor man recovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i remember reading all over the place that limerick has the biggest percentage of council housing than anywhere else in the country per head..some rediculous figure like 33%..they were saying back in the 60s and 70s and early 80s they had built a lot of these type of houses...like you look at places like moyross southill killeely the island weston..ballanacurra weston etc etc..not sure if im 100% accurate with these areas now but their not exactly small areas like so a high population of this city live in council houses..saying this, of course a lot of these ppl are just good ppl trying to make a living but generally these type of areas have a higher persentage in crime rate. thats my reason why limerick is prob more tougher than a lot of other places unfortunately :(

Yeah I read that Limerick has the highest percentage of social housing in the country. It certainly seems that way. A lot of the older generation in these estates are grand. Its the younger generation that are unruly. The kids haven't a chance with the way they are being dragged up by their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah I read that Limerick has the highest percentage of social housing in the country. It certainly seems that way. A lot of the older generation in these estates are grand. Its the younger generation that are unruly. The kids haven't a chance with the way they are being dragged up by their parents.

That stat is true, It was a little bit off of 42% of housing in Limerick city is social or council housing. I was stunned when I first read it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Kess73 wrote: »
    That stat is true, It was a little of 42% of housing in Limerick city is social or council housing. I was stunned when I first read it.

That is a high figure, in Galway the figure is approx 10%

Advertisement