Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do we lets scumbags like this walk our streets...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

its mad too, coz Limerick has a massively young population..moyross has a population of just shy of 5000..all council houses..yet 50% of the population are under the age of 24..also look at how many students are in limerick..15000in UL 6500 in LIT 3500 in Mary Imaculite..then there is all the arts collages in the city and limerick senior and Limerick central..not to mention all the students in first and second level!! so with a population of 50,000 (100000 really but inside the boundary) this is a huge persentage..thats why we got the name student capital of ireland..more students per head than anywhere else in the country so might be a factor there also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I think the students are the least of our worries. Maybe if more of these wasters went beyond Junior Cert the problem wouldn't be half as bad. You shouldn't be allowed to leave school before finishing sixth year anyway. Unless you want to join the army or navy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Do ye think conscription or compulsory national service would go any way towards solving Ireland's crime problem?

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Do ye think conscription or compulsory national service would go any way towards solving Ireland's crime problem?

I think that if you leave school early you should have to do two years in the army or navy. If you are under 18 there should be a three strikes and you are out rule for offences like vandalism, drugs, etc That is after the third offence you face a compulsary two years in the military.

That would put a stop to a lot of this crap and put an end to scumbags with 50+ offences before they are 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

There would also need to be a real military. I cant see the army in Ireland being able to handle discipline of that order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Compulsory National service ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 PiP 101

Training them up to instrutor level in general purpose machine guns dont know if that would help . I seriously agree with the 3 strike system but the authorities would have to be consistent in the approach i.e actually put them away not just threaten and give them about 20 " last chances " from what i can see a criminal record is not really a deterant to anyone who is intent on causing havoc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

Look, its this simple..............
    What is the first thing Limerick people do when someone on the radio/Tele mentions our crime problem....?
    Do we say yes your right and we need to work together and sort it out.....no
    Do they Nod and say ya we can only hope it improves...no
    Do they say ya those scumbags are giving us all a bad name....no

What do they do....they put their head in the sand and start into....Its bull****, Limerick is fine....limerick is great....Limerick is no worse than anywhere else....Dublin is a kip...cork is a kip....etc etc etc

F**k off!!! ITS NOT OK.
    And insulant IDIOTS like them in denial are why things are not being done

Truth is Limerick is a city dying on its feet and its run by SCUM way more than any other Irish city:mad:

Look, its this simple..............
    What is the first thing Limerick people do when someone on the radio/Tele mentions our crime problem....?
    Do we say yes your right and we need to work together and sort it out.....no
    Do they Nod and say ya we can only hope it improves...no
    Do they say ya those scumbags are giving us all a bad name....no

What do they do....they put their head in the sand and start into....Its bull****, Limerick is fine....limerick is great....Limerick is no worse than anywhere else....Dublin is a kip...cork is a kip....etc etc etc

F**k off!!! ITS NOT OK.
    And insulant IDIOTS like them in denial are why things are not being done

Truth is Limerick is a city dying on its feet and its run by SCUM way more than any other Irish city:mad:

I agree and a certain Judge in the district court should be fired for not having any connection to reality. He gives out second chances like candy. He hasn't a clue. Muppet. :mad:

Advertisement