Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Shavings for Rabbits

• 17-01-2008 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello everyone,

Would you know where i can buy large bales of wood shavings in the Meath/Louth area? I have 8 rabbits and use it quite a lot for bedding. I ususally buy it in Jollyes pet shop in Newry, but they have been out of stock now for months. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭arctictree

Your local agri store should have them as they are used for horses and hens. Try Glanbia in kilberry or Athboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Kells Stores (in Kells, Meath) do bales of shavings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Don't waste your money on them wood shavings are messy and unless you get the specific kind for pets they can be toxic. Use newspapers instead and also litter boxes, if the rabbits are spayed/neutered litter training is very easy (well the pee anyway the droppings are easy to clean up).

Advertisement