Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some cnut danced all over my car

Options
  • 17-01-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

As above, came out to find that somebody had been dancing all over my car. The roof was all bent in, part of the boot lid is dented too. I managed to push back out the roof but there are still a lot of marks and dents. There was no damage to paint work that I can see.

Anybody got any idea what sort of cost would be incurred in getting it repaired. I assume the roof, unlike side panels cant be just taken off and repaired? I can live without it getting repaired but i've got fully comp insurance and could claim on that but I guess loosing my NCB would outweigh the benefits of getting it repaired? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

lynchie wrote: »
    As above, came out to find that somebody had been dancing all over my car. The roof was all bent in, part of the boot lid is dented too. I managed to push back out the roof but there are still a lot of marks and dents. There was no damage to paint work that I can see.

Anybody got any idea what sort of cost would be incurred in getting it repaired. I assume the roof, unlike side panels cant be just taken off and repaired? I can live without it getting repaired but i've got fully comp insurance and could claim on that but I guess loosing my NCB would outweigh the benefits of getting it repaired? Any thoughts?

Some people should be sterilised. I worked with a guy once that when himself and a particular mate met up, they would have a 'parked car hurdle race':eek:

A lot depends on what car it is, how old it is etc. I suspect you could probably get it fixed adequately relatively cheaply but if it's a good car, you're almost certainly better off claiming and getting it right. There's no point sparing your NCB if the car costs hundred to fix and is now worth hundred or thousands less.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Who the fu<k would think it's a good idea to jump around on somebodies car?! These people should be tied to the ground and the victim should be allowed to jump around on them for a while!

Remember when Homer got rid of the trampoline and Jimbo, Nelson etc decided 'lets jump on the car instead'

Ahhh Simpsons- eases the pain....

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Bring back Kneecapping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

You could try the following for the minor dents, it might help

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_4745.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hooky 25

Good old Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Actually this reminds me of a story my mother told me. One day she was sitting in work and about 15-20 minutes before he was going home she started hearing this thud every once in a while. She didn't think anything of it until she came outside to hop into her car and found 3 little feckers climbing a tree which was near where my mam had parked and then jumping onto the roof of her car! They ran off when the saw her. She had a **** car at the time so she didn't really care but just shows you what the little bollixs would be up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

cantdecide wrote: »
    Some people should be sterilised. I worked with a guy once that when himself and a particular mate met up, they would have a 'parked car hurdle race':eek:

A lot depends on what car it is, how old it is etc. I suspect you could probably get it fixed adequately relatively cheaply but if it's a good car, you're almost certainly better off claiming and getting it right. There's no point sparing your NCB if the car costs hundred to fix and is now worth hundred or thousands less.

Well its old enough.. 01 520i but in great condition, so thats what pisses me more off about it.. Im gonna get a quote on repairing the damage - hopefully I can get it done for less than €1K but Im more worried about how easy it is to do, cause I guess they may have to take the interior of the roof off should they need to beat it from the inside out and thats when the labour costs soar :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Same thing happened to the brothers Primera a few years ago. Cost 3k to have the roof re-skinned. Smashing job, and good as new, but expensive as ****. Wouldn't fancy paying the bill on a BMW to be honest....sorry lad, that's crappy altogether.

01 520i

I'd claim and get it fixed right...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I know someone who had the same "luck" of someone walking over the roof of his car.
    Pushed the roof back more or less in shape but still looked a bit bumpy here and there.
    Back then it was fashionable to have those vinyl roofs

Was the cheapest option back then but in these days having a roof like that on your car will not make you feel much better i guess.

Would be so nice to see it happening and being able to catch the dipstick

Advertisement