Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox1 - Softmod HDD upgrade

Options
  • 17-01-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭

I have a softmodded xbox1 ,done with SID 4.0 or 4.5 (can't remember). I now want to upgrade the stock hdd to 250G or possibly 350G :D. I have a good idea on how to do this using xboxhdm but I see a lot of posts regarding bios not seeing anything above 137G.

Question is does SID already take care of this or do I need to upgrade the bios? If so to what?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

I not too about SID 4.5, but with NDURE based softmod like Krayzie's NDURE, they have resolved the LBA issue to get greater than 137GB partitions.
    250GB is the sweet spot size of HDD for XBOX IMO as anything over will run into the limitations of the FATX file system.
    If you do use >250GB drive, you will need to use a program called XBPartitioner to change the FATX cluster size from 16K to 32K.

Advertisement