Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free web site

Options
  • 17-01-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    anybody got a good suggestion where I can get a free web site?I was looking at google pages but don't like it. I am trying to create simple hyperlink which navigate to other parts of the page (not a different page) and it won't let me.
    Anybody know any good places where I can get my own free website?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I am trying to create simple hyperlink which navigate to other parts of the page (not a different page) and it won't let me.

Are you able to edit the HTML manually or do you have to use some kind of wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

dublindude wrote: »
    Are you able to edit the HTML manually or do you have to use some kind of wizard?

You can edit the html manually but then it just changes it around - very annoying. So when I try to control simple hyperlinks it changes them around - head recking.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

What way are you doing your links?

<a name="jumpToHere"></a>

blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah

<a href="#JumpToHere">Clicking here will cause the top of the page to jump to the anchor below!</a>

blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

This way...
    <a href="#JumpToHere">Clicking here will cause the top of the page to jump to the anchor below!</a>

blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah
    blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If the name and the href don't match exactly, it won't work. You'll have to be careful to make sure that spelling and case is precisely the same in both (as it isn't in your example above).

Advertisement