Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three Broadband thwarted by the rain...

• 17-01-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

So my Three USB modem has been cutting out and making me reconnect every couple of minutes since Monday.

I call three today, and tell them the modem is cutting out. They respond that the reason why it is cutting out today is because it is raining. (If they are only planning on delivering service on dry days in Ireland they don't have a great business model).

I point out that I have been having this problem all week so it is unlikely that it is weather related. And they say that if that is the case then they are unable to diagnose the problem until it stops raining in Co. Cork.

I have to admit at this stage I just started laughing. I told them that I didn't live in Cork, I lived in Dublin. They then told me well it is raining in other places near Dublin like Co. Galway and Co. Cork.

They then proceeded to tell me which other counties it was raining in. I responded that I was aware of the weather as I had looked out the window today... and that I wasn't disagreeing with the fact that it was raining but rather disagreeing that this was an excuse for not being willing to diagnose my problem.

This company seriously is a joke sometimes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

As an ex three bb user I take great delight sniggering at others misfortunes with this crowd....

rain....cant be serious.

thats one for the papers to report on. i cannot understand why people insist on using 3 for bb usage when its plain to see they are just not providing a decent and worthwhile service for, like ages......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

only sometimes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Even as a three customer, I really had to laugh at the original post. Who do they think they are kidding?

You should tell them that you are thankful that monsoon season is over there, because you had been ringing three support for weeks now waiting for a someone to answer.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I'd say that guy was on his last day in the job and just trying to p*ss off as many customers as possible.

This is unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well can't say that isnt original, just rang 3 for the first time in months to get my upgrade, found them very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

buddy wrote: »
    I'd say that guy was on his last day in the job and just trying to p*ss off as many customers as possible.

This is unbelievable.

no, that's a pretty standard 3 customer care answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

seemingly lightning knocked out a an rte mast in munster which house some network transmitters (including 3) disrupting service in that area so apu probably put thunder+rain = excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

wiat untill summer and they blame the warm sunny weather!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Priceless. Up there with "Bushisims" et al.
    Thanks for the laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

1huge1 wrote: »
    Well can't say that isnt original, just rang 3 for the first time in months to get my upgrade, found them very handy
    Yea me too, had to ring them last week about unlocking the net on the Skype handset (and they did over the phone) and after they sorted me out we chatted a little about Metallica! (Related to my password) was kinda odd but fun that I got him off the script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Im not making this up i swear, but i had to ring 3 from o2 customer care once to see why a port was taking so long to go through for a prepay customer or if they were having general porting problems and was told as it was cloudy they were having network issues.....
    .clouds were preventing ports from going though, read that again and try not to laugh because i started pissing myself on the call,some poor indian woman was trying to explain how heavy clouds over ireland were preventing signal from going through i swear it was like a monthy python sketch you couldnt make it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

IF they were updating via satellite then it's possible I suppose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

briliant.

Odd though - only ever had good experiences myself with the scottish call centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Archytas wrote: »
    briliant.

Odd though - only ever had good experiences myself with the scottish call centre.
    Wish they would bring them back, at least they know astuff about ireland

at first I couldnt understand the people at the indian call centre but their level of english has improved a lot, the males seem to be a lot better than the females for some reason.

Advertisement