Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine judder?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've tried googling but not much joy.

Having a small, but annoying problem with the van, it seems to judder at exactly 2600rpm which is barely noticable in low gears but on motorway etc in 5th or 6th it's quite apparent.

Recently had new gearbox and clutch, and IIRC they did an "inner boot" or something on the passenger side. Before that I had to have the passenger window replaced (twice) due to local scumbags of the travelling variety smashing the window. I think the first guy when putting new glass in didnt reattach the door interior properly because it hasn't been the same since.

So lately, with this judder happening, I'm not sure whether it's related to the brand new gearbox or if its just normal and the door is too loosely fit that it's rattling like a mofo.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Must be the motor flu :o

Ah no, mine's not a clutch judder (had that one before) nor is the vehicle itself shuddering or stuttering along, drives fine just getting what sounds like friction at 2600rpm in each gear.

Anyone any notion??

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

A judder at a particular engine speed, as against a particular road speed, is generally down to some part in the engine / gearbox train rotating at a specific rev and vibrating, may be an out of balance pressure plate or dodgy gearbox. Question, does it happen if the van is stationary and just bring the revs up to 2600ish? or is it only when van is moving?
    That would narrow it down a bit.
    Sounds like a guard or something not tight and vibrating at that particular rev.

Advertisement