Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worked up!

Options
  • 17-01-2008 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have been on boards.ie for a few months now. I came across a comment today in the after hours threads that i really thought was out of order by a poster. I'm not sure this persons comment really really annoyed me as i know everyone's entitlied to there own opinion etc. However, i sent a comment back asking if this person was serious about what they said and i recieved a reply. The person said, yes it was a joke. So ok, i'm ok about it now.
    I want to know what to do if i come across something like this. Should i have replied to the particular comment or should i have contacted the moderator?
    I may have overreacted a little however i still dont like the comment made..
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Use the Report Post report.gif button at the bottom of the post. This sends the post and your comment (hopefully explaining why you're reporting the post) to the forum mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

Very helpful, I hope i wont need it. But thank you!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Very helpful, I hope i wont need it. But thank you!
    Its actually helpful to the mods if you report posts that are abusive or spamming, or generally out of order. Dont be afraid to report them, its much preferred to prolonging an argument on a thread.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sweet Jesus.... *me staggers back*.

Actual feedback and genuine request for advice answered properly and all in 4 posts.

I'm in shock.

WildIrishRose... firstly welcome to Boards! Secondly, feel free to report things you think are out of order, it helps the mods spot something that they might other wise miss. Don't worry, flashing lights and sirens dont go off, we get dozens of reports every day and they can be very helpful.

Enjoy!

DeV.
    ps: I'm locking this thread as it is a thing of beauty.... before anyone posts lolcats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement