Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When is the latest you can change the level of paper?

• 17-01-2008 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

I filled out the official sheet the other day for which exams/levels I'm going to do... Is to too late to change the level(H/O)? Some say you can change it on the day, but I found that to be untrue during my Junior Cert lol :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Iano2K8

Yes in the leaving cert you can change what level you are taking...

and for some reason u cannot in the junior cert... probably because its too much hassle and the junior cert isnt as important as the leaving cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

You can change on the day itself....what are they going to do about you taking a different level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Iano2K8

Well they will know once your paper is being corrected...

that level form that u would have signed a few days ago is just so the department can get an approx number of students taking what subjects and at what level...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

Yea you can change because im a repeat leaving cert and last year I was able to change to ordinary irish on the day.... I was sent to ask the principle first though.... dont really know what that was about.... But i was allowed anyway.... :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

you can definitly change on the day, and can sorta change on the day of the junior cert actually, but you need a letter from your princepal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I know lots of people who panicked the day of Maths Paper 1 and dropped to Pass...a few with Irish also I think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I dropped from Honours Physics to Ordinary Level Physics on the day. If i remember rightly all I had to so was sign some sheet. Didn't need a principals letter and nobody said anything. Got an A1 too but looking at the Hons paper afterwards I'd have been lucky to get a D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Fad wrote: »
    you can definitly change on the day, and can sorta change on the day of the junior cert actually, but you need a letter from your princepal

In my school it wasn't a problem, you just went up to the supervisor guy and asked him before the exam.

And yeah...as everyone said, you can change on the day of your exam. The forms are just for a general numbers for the Dept Education

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can change on the day of the Leaving Cert., though you can't have a look at the Higher and then say 'Oooh no, give me the Ordinary'.

In general people can't change the day of the Junior Cert because most schools are only sent one or two more papers than they requested at each level. Cutbacks mean the printing is very tight for JC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

READ THE F*CKING MANUAL.

You can choose on the day. If, when you leave, and have already submitted your completed paper, you can request a copy of the other test to bring with you.

Once you have been handed either the O or H script, you cannot change your mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement