Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Back Tax Question

• 17-01-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi all,

My tax was up on the 1st November and I havent driven it since due to some problems with the car.

A few weeks back the Tax guys sent me out a form and I filled it in saying it had been garaged since 1/11/07 because it was waiting on repairs.

I got it back today and want to tax it from 1/1/08 and have a form that I need to fill out and have it signed by the gardai.

Do I just bring in my old tax disc, ID, and form, get them to sign it and then Ill be able to go to the tax office tomorrow and pay my €110 for 3 months tax from the 1/1/08?

Or will they expect me to pay if from 1/11/07?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Just bring the form to a Garda station and they'll sign & stamp it for you. By the way, are you planning on keeping the car? Motor tax is going up by 10% from Feb 1st so if so i'd consider taxing for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What Anan1 said.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Thanks!

So all I do is bring the form? No tax disc or ID?

Well Ill probably sell her in March (Insurance is up on the 21st), so Ill just tax it for the 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

silverwex wrote: »
    So all I do is bring the form? No tax disc or ID?
    All you need at the Garda station is the form. And you probably don't even need to bring that, as they'll generally have them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Great thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement