Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] - Line Installation timeframe

Options
  • 17-01-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to speed up the installation of a new line?? There is a line in place, phone box etc.. But it has been inactive for over 2 years so an engineer has to call out

Was told today it might take up to 30 days! And they can't order the broadband until the line is installed so can take another 30 days after that!!

60 days just for broadband!! Eircom are a disaster!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I know. I ordered a phone line on 12th dec, was informed the 15th of dec that my line was connected, But its not working. I cant make any calls or recieve any, when i ring the number from my mobile it rings somewhere, but the phone doesn't. I reported it to them on the 21st dec. I'm still waiting for an engineer to sort it out. They were quick enough to send me a bill of 56e on the 19th dec for the line.
    I've rang several times and get spun a different story each time, yesterday a guy told me, in fact promiced me he'd sort it out for me as soon as possible & that he'd ring me before 11 this morning.......he never rang. Rang Eircom later today and was told another story, that I've not waited long enough, that it usually takes 30 days for an engineer to call and not to expect one for another week or so.
    Like yourself, I'm only getting the phone line in for broadband, don't want or need a phone. Their service is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Like yourself, I'm only getting the phone line in for broadband, don't want or need a phone. Their service is ridiculous.

Worst thing is, you can't go anywhere else!! Only Eircom can connect you!! Think they'll be getting a call a day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my neighbour's been waiting to have her dead line fixed since october

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

October 2006 or October 2007???? , this is Ireland. Please be Specific.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

my neighbour's been waiting to have her dead line fixed since october

as in a fault or reactivated?

• Advertisement
Advertisement