Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damage repair - stealer dealer?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

I recently had my car broken into, window smashed and door damaged. I brought it to the dealer to fix. On inspection, they claimed the door was irrepairable and that a new door + spraying + trim etc. would cost €1400. I knew they were pushing for an insurance job but was happy enough as it was not effecting my NCB and I wanted the job done right.

However when I went to collect the car it turned out that they hadn't replaced but repaired the door and had instead spent the money on fixing other minor blemishes on the car and given it a full service (which I asked for seperately and was prepared to pay for). Also I had 2 new tyres fitted. Thing is, they had the car for over a week and never consulted me on the change of plan(!) I was a bit peeved and pointed out this wasn't what was originally planned, but distracted by work issues etc. and quite content that the car was ready and looked good, I drove away.

Thing is, since then, I've been having doubts. The fix is not 100% invisable and more worryingly I think there may be a slight rattle over rough roads (Very slight - I will have to get a friend to sit in the back and confirm if my ears are deceiving me. I'm concerned it might grow worse though). Also, I'm not convinced there was €1400 worth of work done to the car and suspect I've been hoodwinked. I blame myself to a degree, I should have paid more attention and kicked up more of a fuss. My mind was on other things and I had trust in the dealer.

So where do I go from here? Also, if I'm trading in the car am I (strictly-speaking) supposed to point out the door damage or will it come up when the dealer checks up on the reg no.?)

Advertisement