Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is or is this not the most ridiculously cool thing youve ever seen??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

obviously not so....!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

lol it sounds trippy i like it - 2nd vid

the way he picks annoys me though

+ i know the guy in the first one weird..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Whole tone scale at it's best!
    ..which isn't very good...

The sweep + tapping is pretty standard though...

pffffft!! show me better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

wankerific! :rolleyes:

i love a good ****!......what???? on the fretboard of course!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

A lot of that guitar wankery sort of turns me off music TBH... sure, it takes lots of time and dedication to become a master sweeper, but most of it is unpleasant to the ear and pretty soulless. Each to their own I guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

EJ22 wrote: »

Eric Johnson caught the right amount of feel, spiel, and squeal in that tune....instant classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

A lot of that guitar wankery sort of turns me off music TBH... sure, it takes lots of time and dedication to become a master sweeper, but most of it is unpleasant to the ear and pretty soulless. Each to their own I guess

the problem is not the wankery. the problem is that most of those guys have spent so much time perfecting the technique and solos that they can't write a decent song, but at the same time their egos are too big for them to merely play someone elses work or share the limelight...

Cliffs of Dover is a great exposition of technique for example, but as a musical composition it's dull in structure, cheesy and uninspired.

edit: i guess i should have added in my opinion, as it's all subjective really... but there are quite a few who would agree with me

Some guys have it all though... Paul Gilbert has ample wankage ability, but his music is also pretty good. Malmsteen is a bit hit and miss for me... I suppose it all comes down to the balance between technical skill and musicality.

A lot of that guitar wankery sort of turns me off music TBH...

Who said anything about music??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Cliffs of Dover is a great exposition of technique for example, but as a musical composition it's dull in structure, cheesy and uninspired.

Shush. Amazing peice of music.

kawaii wrote: »
    Who said anything about music??

LOL yeah I've seen a lot of people who think of guitar playing as a sport, and that sort of...annoys me... Hey not that I have problem with people doing something that makes them happy, I just find the whole 'shredding machine' thing unappealing. I think shred licks can be most effective in music when used sparingly.

Advertisement