Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Ferrell

• 17-01-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The legend that is Will Ferrell is coming to receive an award in UCD next wednesday according to 2fm. Anyone here this ???

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its on Bebo and his name is "Will Ferrell".

I would love to get a ticket for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

I can confirm he will indeed be appearing on Wednesday. Will be entertaining to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

can anyone get a ticket , would it be possible to meet him, i wonder?

Have to be UCD student i believe to get ticket. They ask for valid UCD student card or else a L&H society membership card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

are you sure, will there be many at it ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

That's gonna be packed out, major queues one would say.

I love lamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Am I the only one in the world to find Will ferrell completly unfunny?? He's up there with Adam Sandler in my top two unfunny people of all time list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

No, I think he is redic unfunny and annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

anyone know how many hours beforehand you would have to queue to get into something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

haha belfield fm training night for all the staff. Thats 70 people who wont be there ! HA!

BAA HUMBUG!

• Advertisement

Right oh, Will Ferrell is coming to UCD as an invite by the L&H and is being awarded the James Joyce award. I know this because I am on the committee. It will be held in Astra hall on Wednesday at 6pm. L&H members allowed in free while non-members will have to sign up at the stands (in Student centre and Arts block).

According to the Reichsfuhrer of the L&H (Michael Mc Grath), there will be 1000 plus tickets available. Unfortunately, Mr. Ferrell will have to put up with yours truly for the afternoon (and hopefully on the tear after)!! It is good to be alive!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

You know if he decided he didn't want to bother coming he could always get Chad from the Chilli peppers to stand in for him....

I still reckon they are the same person....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

panda100 wrote: »
    Am I the only one in the world to find Will ferrell completly unfunny?? He's up there with Adam Sandler in my top two unfunny people of all time list

You're not alone there, although Sandler's early stuff was brilliant (Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, SNL). That being said I probably still might pop in to this depending how I'm fixed for lectures on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

That's gonna be packed out, major queues one would say.

I love lamp.

Will Ferrell does not say that, its Brick Tamland who says that. Classic film and classic line though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Will Ferrell does not say that, its Brick Tamland who says that. Classic film and classic line though.

I'm well aware of that, I just dislike Will Ferrell and said I'd be reasonably in step with the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Right oh, Will Ferrell is coming to UCD as an invite by the L&H and is being awarded the James Joyce award. I know this because I am on the committee. It will be held in Astra hall on Wednesday at 6pm. L&H members allowed in free while non-members will have to sign up at the stands (in Student centre and Arts block).

According to the Reichsfuhrer of the L&H (Michael Mc Grath), there will be 1000 plus tickets available. Unfortunately, Mr. Ferrell will have to put up with yours truly for the afternoon (and hopefully on the tear after)!! It is good to be alive!!

Astra Hall???? I thought it was O'Reilly? Or are they the same place and no one ever told me!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

Astra hall is in the student centre, o reilly is across the lake :)

edit: i might as well add in that i dont like will ferrell enough to queue for hours!

dhaddock wrote: »
    Astra hall is in the student centre, o reilly is across the lake :)

edit: i might as well add in that i dont like will ferrell enough to queue for hours!

Crap, that comment has blown wind straight up my ass!! Will re-check tomorrow but I am nearly sure it's O' Reilly hall. Again, I will post tomorrow!

You wont have to queue for hours, its a ticketed event. If you're an L&H member then happy days! Its easier to get a ticket! Just go to the desks! For all non L&H members, it's a case of signing up for the tickets. If you're in either category, the tickets will start being available from Monday.

It will be awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Grimes wrote: »
    haha belfield fm training night for all the staff. Thats 70 people who wont be there ! HA!

BAA HUMBUG!

Lat time I checked Thursday wasn't Wednesday! Both should be excellent nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Why is he getting an award from UCD? He's an actor. Oh that's a good enough reason :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Why is he getting an award from UCD? He's an actor. Oh that's a good enough reason :mad:

Well he's getting it from the L&H, not quite the same thing!

I wonder what James Joyce would think about him getting the award though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Any truth in the rumour that we will be in 21 later that night?

Hey Ruledbyjames, what L&H member card is this years?

I have a white one with 153rd on it?
    that most recent one?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Yep, this is the 153rd session.

I went on the piss with him last night! It was one of the best nights out I have ever had! His family (dad and brother) are dead sound! We all got drunk as sailors for about 5 hours and he unfortunately he didnt come to Abra after :(!

He's a sharp fella like his dad and bro! I just cant wait for Wednesday now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hmm I really don't get the hullabaloo about this one? It's like the Tommy Tiernan thing, it's not a stand-up gig or anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HazeyBazey

heres the link about it!! and yes its in o reillys hall:D

http://www.ucd.ie/lnh/events/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I went on the piss with him last night! It was one of the best nights out I have ever had! His family (dad and brother) are dead sound! We all got drunk as sailors for about 5 hours and he unfortunately he didnt come to Abra after :(!

He's a sharp fella like his dad and bro! I just cant wait for Wednesday now!

Any photos?
    Someone over on the Films forum posted pics of hangin out with him in Longford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

SumGuy wrote: »
    Any photos?
    Someone over on the Films forum posted pics of hangin out with him in Longford!

Will ferrell was in Longford??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

BrightEyes wrote: »

Don't forget those zany mannerisms and wild flailing arms. :rolleyes:

I don't get the fascination with the guy myself. He's well overrated.

Advertisement