Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Laying Question

Options
  • 17-01-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

This is probably a stupid question but I cant figure it out and cant get the tutorial on bet fair to work.

In tonights matct to back napoli is 2 and to lay them is 2.02 and lazio back 4.4 lay 4.6.

If I was to lay lazio at 4.6 what am I actually betting on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

You are offerring odds of 4.6 (basically 7/2) to other betfair customers on lazio to win the match. basically, you are backing napoli and the draw and the person who takes your lay of 4.6 is backing lazio to win. If Lazio win the match, you lose money and if the other 2 results happen then you win.

If you aren't familiar with laying then be careful. In this instance, you are considering laying Lazio at 4.6. Im not sure how much you are willing to risk on this but lets just make an example: If you are willing to risk €36 euro on this then you stand to win €10 (ie the other person puts on a tenner at the 4.6 that you offer). Whatever amount you enter in the 'Backers Stake' section is what you stand to win and this, in turn will show you your liability. Hope my rambling helps.

Advertisement