Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone been to colombia?

• 17-01-2008 9:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here been to colombia before? If so, what was it like?

I plan to include it in my..... plans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I've never been but always wanted to go. I worked with a few Colombians before and they were really cool people. And i've friends who traveled through it last year and they said that it's a great place. The people are supposed to be really friendly and its a lot safer than most other south american countries. I'll be in Colombia later this year. gonna go in through Venezuela and down from Cartagena towards Ecuador

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

I found a goldmine of info on Colombia here...

http://boards.bootsnall.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/591098755/m/79600852216/p/15

Hey neamh.... What do you think of the notoriety of the country? Does it bother you at all? Will you lose sleep over it??!!!

I find the country's dodgy reputation attractive for want of a beter word! Of course that's not the only reason I' m going. It's also got plenty of beach, mountains, rainforest, people....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I found a goldmine of info on Colombia here...

http://boards.bootsnall.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/591098755/m/79600852216/p/15

Hey neamh.... What do you think of the notoriety of the country? Does it bother you at all? Will you lose sleep over it??!!!

I find the country's dodgy reputation attractive for want of a beter word! Of course that's not the only reason I' m going. It's also got plenty of beach, mountains, rainforest, people....

Colombia's one of the safest countries in South America, if you want dodgy go to Brazil especially Rio. Definately go, great scenary and friendly people plus they haven't learnt to rip off tourists either. Unless you wander deep into the jungle into coca producing areas you have little to worry about. Bogota is nice for a view days but Santa Marta, Cartagena and the parks and beaches around them are fabulous. In the south are lots of small towns and great archaeology sites. Spent a month there and wished it could have been more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I don't pay attention to a countries reputation. I more so read other people's accounts or things they done and seen or look at pictures. Colombia looks like a beautiful country. But if you pay attention to newspapers or the media they will have you believe that you'll be kidnapped as soon as you cross the border. Unless there is a war going on i couldn't care less about any other factors. Everywhere can be dangerous. Just gotta use your head. Granted while i'm not afraid, i'm not stupid either.

Advertisement