Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Forester S turbo auto?

• 17-01-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

I need an estate car capable of crossing a muddy field without getting stuck. It has to be automatic, and it has to be good enough to drive that I won't get p1ssed off with it on the drive from Dublin to Galway. Has anyone here owned a Forester turbo auto? If so, how did you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I can't comment from experience but I'm a fan of those yokes. Our local Gardai have one.

My brother's Legacy a real trooper I must say- I'm 100% convinced about Subarus since I've seen how well it wears the mileage he's put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Have had 2 Forester Sturbos manuals. Practical with loads of oomph

Drove the auto with 4 speed and it did sap the power but only slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm starting to warm to the idea now. I wonder is the newer (post 03) model worth having over the original?

Thinking about importing yourself?

Kind of. There's an 02 old model S turbo in the UK with 40,000 miles and all the toys, looks to be in excellent condition. It'd cost €12,000 landed, though. On the other hand, a garage in Waterford has an 03 new model non-turbo (155bhp) with leather and the all-weather pack with the same mileage. I'd be looking at paying them somewhere very close to €16,000, although they are offering a two year bumper-to-bumper warranty. I'm thinking in terms of my gf driving this every day, so the extra safety of the newer model is a bigger plus than it would be for me.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    Kind of. There's an 02 old model S turbo in the UK with 40,000 miles and all the toys, looks to be in excellent condition. It'd cost €12,000 landed, though. On the other hand, a garage in Waterford has an 03 new model non-turbo (155bhp) with leather and the all-weather pack with the same mileage. I'd be looking at paying them somewhere very close to €16,000, although they are offering a two year bumper-to-bumper warranty. I'm thinking in terms of my gf driving this every day, so the extra safety of the newer model is a bigger plus than it would be for me.

A turbo would be nice but I'd go for the one in Eddie Garry's- there's eating and drinking in these things anyway, even at full price so the money is hardly a premium for the extra peace of mind...

It kind of makes more sense, doesn't it? I've done a bit more homework though, and i'm getting the impression that the 155bhp non-turbo engine only came in in 2005. That'd make the 2003 a 122bhp automatic, ie 0-60 in over 13 seconds..

Advertisement