Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going to be new in Anime in '08?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok, i've gotten really out of the loop with anime. Just starting to get back into it now with some of the more recent acclaimed Anime movies, i've also started watching Dennou Coil which I like. I used to watch a lot of DBZ, but once it went GT I lost interest in it and anime.

So apart from Dennou Coil, what other new Anime shows are set to start this year? I've heard of Bleach but its fairly far along now, it will take me a while to get all the back volumes and catch up.

But I like shows of that ilk, ones with chi powers, futuristic, science fiction or dystopian.

All recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Haruhi season 2 \o/ Cannot wait for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You've missed out on some fantastic anime over the years, instead of looking forward I'd advise you to watch a few older shows.
    Darker than Black sounds like it might be up your street, and there were only 25 episodes so you don't have to worry about watching 150+ of the damn things.
    Bleach is well worth a look anyway, it took a bit of a nosedive after episode 30, so maybe just check out the first arc and see if you like it enough to stick with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thanks tman, i'm going to look into Darker than Black, it does sound up my street. There is so many new Anime shows getting released thats its nice when they keep them concise and only 1 or 2 seasons long. Currently watching through the Witchblade anime also at the moment, i'm gutted that they won't be making a second season of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

robby^5 wrote: »
    Haruhi season 2 \o/ Cannot wait for that!

No way, im just in the middle of watching the first season now ^^

I wonder if theyll mix the broadcast order up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

carbonkid wrote: »
    No way, im just in the middle of watching the first season now ^^

I hope not, I watched the film episode as my first episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

carbonkid wrote: »

Hehe, I wondered wtf that was about, and just ended up blaming A.F.K. for getting the order mixed up:p
    Really looking forward to that now

I've actually started watching Witchblade since L31mr0d mentioned it, so thanks for the recommendation even though you were looking for recommendations yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ar3d

Witchblade was really good tv series to watch... and bleach as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

The guy wrote: »
    I hope not, I watched the film episode as my first episode.

Yea that was the episode you were meant to see first ^^

Advertisement