Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

They should be up some time tomorrow shouldn't they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Funkstard wrote: »
    They should be up some time tomorrow shouldn't they?

I doubt it somehow. If they are not due out until Wednesday, then most likely they will be up Tuesday evening around 5 at best, or hopefully sometime on Monday.
    But saying that, you'd never know with UL :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Oh you're right..I checked the calender a few weeks ago and thought it said they were out Monday the 21st. Bollocks! Hate waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

The si.ul.ie webpage is down - has anybody got their results today? i know ye said monday or tuesday , but just wanted to check so i could check in the morning.

culabula88 wrote: »
    The si.ul.ie webpage is down - has anybody got their results today? i know ye said monday or tuesday , but just wanted to check so i could check in the morning.

No, I checked before I left work at 5:30 and they were still not up.
    And now that I am home, I saw the site is down, and when that occurs it won't be accessible again until approx lunch-time on Monday I'd say.
    It's the usual anticipated crash before the results...:rolleyes:

Was just about to post this - records section down again. Do they take it down to put up the results, or is it just a ****e system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Was just about to post this - records section down again. Do they take it down to put up the results, or is it just a ****e system?
    They dont let you access the results section before they go up they dont shut down the whole thing so it looks like its crashed already!! The secure server is fúcked aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

the timetables are up by the way

edit; although im wondering how accurate they are seen as it says iv a 4 hour lecture on fridays from 9.00-13.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

PeakOutput wrote: »
    the timetables are up by the way

edit; although im wondering how accurate they are seen as it says iv a 4 hour lecture on fridays from 9.00-13.00

oh that's nasty..
    im on from 11:00-15:00 on Friday with no breaks in between lectures but still only 13 hours a week so woohoo

its an interesting subject but 4 hours in one go seems a bit mad to me. also after a thursday night it will be tough going

is week 8 a holiday by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

yea it is says it on the calendar 5 days easter break..we never got that before did we?? i never remember having time off for easter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

easter break is new this year..

i think results are available from computers in college.. not sure i dont care though cause i got mine last week :D

Nutty wrote: »

i think results are available from computers in college.. not sure i dont care though cause i got mine last week :D

this easter break intruiges me...........gonna have to plan early to make the most out of it

Nutty wrote: »

how did you get the results last week?

Could they go up on the website tomorrow. Last time i checked my results the server went down also but it came back up on Saturday morning and i was able to check them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Something's a botherin' the "www.si.ul.ie" anyway - coming up with all sortsa errors, so I'd imagine things are a-happening all right.

Feckin' timetable for next semester is awful. Partly cos I'm going back up to 12 hours a week after two semesters of having just 9 hours. It sucks. :(

I remember last year the server crashed and somebody had a look at the error message and was able to say that the server had to be reset and there was no point in checking until the following week since there was nobody around to reset it at the weekend. So im wondering if that person could have a look at the message and tell me if its worth my while keeping checking over the weekend?

Or maybe I dreamt somebody saying that, thats possible too:D

cooperguy wrote: »
    I remember last year the server crashed and somebody had a look at the error message and was able to say that the server had to be reset and there was no point in checking until the following week since there was nobody around to reset it at the weekend. So im wondering if that person could have a look at the message and tell me if its worth my while keeping checking over the weekend?

Or maybe I dreamt somebody saying that, thats possible too:D

I'd be very grateful for that person to do that as well. Else I'll be feckin' checking every 30mins, just like I have been doing... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

culabula88 wrote: »
    how did you get the results last week?

Could they go up on the website tomorrow. Last time i checked my results the server went down also but it came back up on Saturday morning and i was able to check them then.

contacts is handy places is all ill say...
    results arent due up till next week so itd arent going to call somebody in over the weekend to check.. id say leave it till monday people and you might be able to get them by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I'd be very grateful for that person to do that as well. Else I'll be feckin' checking every 30mins, just like I have been doing... :o

May or may not have been me.
    Middleware : UV8
    Error# : Failure in the connection to the UNIFACE Application Server
    Error Text : Cannot connect to the UNIFACE process on the remote address/port. The system returned: "Connection refused".

That's the current error I get when I try to log in. The connection refused bit is the important part. Either the application is down (may or may not have crashed) or else the system that it's running on is actively refusing connections.

can someone get an ultra cool hackzor ninja type character onto it please, if iv no repeats its california here i come

sometimes I actually get past the screen asking for the date of birth and I get this message: "For security reasons, you have been automatically logged out of the system. Click here to re-login. Browser_ID" I think im goin to give up checking it looks like they have it set up so nobody can get in

• Advertisement

Bah..this is annoying me now. I've gotten as far as the date of birth page too. Is there no chance we'll be able to access the results until someone sorts out the system on Monday?

Y'know...Thinking about it, it'd only be in Ireland that students would be regularly checking a results' system five days ahead of when it's actually due to go online because of the realistic chance that it would be online in advance of the published date. No where else in the world would this occur. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

can someone get an ultra cool hackzor ninja type character onto it please, if iv no repeats its california here i come

**** repeats go to California anyway :)

I've tried accessing it from here the normal way and through the VPN and neither work. The Student Records application is probably down. The error message I posted above indicates that there's nothing listening at the www.si.ul.ie address aside from the login pages which are able to take your details but because they have nothing to pass those log in details on to you will not be able to get access.
    Bah..this is annoying me now. I've gotten as far as the date of birth page too. Is there no chance we'll be able to access the results until someone sorts out the system on Monday?

Monday is more than likely your best bet.

Do you think that they will be up on Monday?

I can log into the student records, albeit after a struggle with errors etc.. but I'm logged in.
    I can access the Student CV section too, but the "Education" section where the results appear first is still unavailable.
    I shall be checking this all day...I havent much else to do on Co-op

Mossin wrote: »
    I can log into the student records, albeit after a struggle with errors etc.. but I'm logged in.
    I can access the Student CV section too, but the "Education" section where the results appear first is still unavailable.
    I shall be checking this all day...I havent much else to do on Co-op

same as above, looks like it will be tomorrow or five o clock this evening or tomorrow evening at five.

waiting = ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Argh! The anticipation....

🤪

waiting = ****
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Argh! The anticipation....

Its gonna be more fun reading comments like this than actually getting the results. :)
    Its gonna be a long few days in work me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*generic waiting for results comment*

Advertisement