Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

*generic comment about ITD's infrastructure for results server*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/SIW_SMR.start_url?

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
    Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Please visit http://servicerequest.intel.com web page to report an issue if you feel this is incorrect.

Generated Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:00:25 GMT by irfwpr02.ir.intel.com (squid/2.6.STABLE12)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

i can log into student records now, but the results still aren't up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

brid_m wrote: »
    i can log into student records now, but the results still aren't up

Same...not sure which was more annoying though!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

Still waiting and checking for the results.... no sign .. doesnt look like it will be this evening.

Just while we are waiting lets see who can predict with the best accuracy time and date when they will actually be up..

Here is my guess 1645 on Tuesday ..

• Advertisement

culabula88 wrote: »
    Still waiting and checking for the results.... no sign .. doesnt look like it will be this evening.

Just while we are waiting lets see who can predict with the best accuracy time and date when they will actually be up..

:) You're just really bored at the moment aren't you?!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »

how did you guess?? yep waiting and checking for the results... i want to be the first !!

Sounds like a plan...I'll go for 17:10 Tuesday.

I'm just as bored.
    how did you guess?? yep waiting and checking for the results... i want to be the first !!

You can be the first all you want, I've been checking all day, and it has made the day drag on so long, less than an hour to go now though...
    I might be better off being the last person to get my results, then I wont be tempted to go on the beer and ruin my 100% Co-op attendance...

Mossin wrote: »

then I wont be tempted to go on the beer and ruin my 100% Co-op attendance...

mmmm ..... beer i think i might head off to the pub soon meself !!!

... if they are not up by half five this evening they aint going up tonight..

mmmm ..... beer i think i might head off to the pub soon meself !!!

... if they are not up by half five this evening they aint going up tonight..

I'd love to go for a pint tonight, but as usual its raining here in Shannon, and when I say rain, I mean torrential downpour!!! :mad:
    I'm not walking the 10 mins to the pub in that weather...

and yeah, if they are not up soon, they wont be up today......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I'm also part of the "check-every-2-seconds, bored-out-of-my-brain" brigade.

I finally managed to get past the birthday question though...which is a plus!

I've got a horrible feeling that we're going to be dissapointed in abouut 10mins time!!

Whats the most amount of requests the system can take before it will crash i wonder ??

I dont think they will be up today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

id imagine they would be up by now surely they would want to put them up a few hours before they are due to go home so they can iron out any early probs

PeakOutput wrote: »
    id imagine they would be up by now surely they would want to put them up a few hours before they are due to go home so they can iron out any early probs

Ya see that's what you'd think wouldn't you...But in reality its not what happens...

Ah well...Tomorrow is another day! Acts as a good distraction to the FYP - Read / Write a line, Refresh, Read / Write a line, Refresh and so on and so forth!

🤪

at least ill be under general anasthetic for most of the day tomorrow its probably the only reason i wont be in front of the screen checking every 15 mins. hopefully they will be there when i wake up

do you know go to the records part and then click on the module information . it says target - 999 and actual varies for each subject 461 or 466 for me. Do you think that this could be a code for the different grades. ( or has this got to do with the number of hours attended for the different modules..)

Im thinking that the results are already in the system obviously - but maybe , just maybe these codes under "actual" in modules part are linked someway to the grade

eg. 461 = B2
    466 = C1 or B1 etc.

.. i really have nothing to do today.. THe conspiracy theory starts here!!

eg. 461 = B2
    466 = C1 or B1 etc.

your actually dead right good job.......unfortunately though any code under 1000 is a fail

think it might be time for you to get that anathestic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Ah well...Tomorrow is another day! Acts as a good distraction to the FYP - Read / Write a line, Refresh, Read / Write a line, Refresh and so on and so forth!

+1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

At least I know I haven't failed anything...no letter...had forgotten until one of the lads said it at work this afternoon:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ah for **** sake. Was out all day and was sure they'd be up now.

ninty9er wrote: »
    At least I know I haven't failed anything...no letter...had forgotten until one of the lads said it at work this afternoon:D:D:D:D

can you explain that to me (a first year)??? a letter comes in the post if you fail before the results are out is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Do they still do the letter thing?

I know one guy who didn't get one last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya they still do the letter thing. If you didnt get one you've passed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

They don't do letters for the Autumn exams... just for Summer.

do you know go to the records part and then click on the module information . it says target - 999 and actual varies for each subject 461 or 466 for me. Do you think that this could be a code for the different grades. ( or has this got to do with the number of hours attended for the different modules..)

Im thinking that the results are already in the system obviously - but maybe , just maybe these codes under "actual" in modules part are linked someway to the grade

eg. 461 = B2
    466 = C1 or B1 etc.

.. i really have nothing to do today.. THe conspiracy theory starts here!!

Was also trying to work it out...I think it's the number who actually took the exam though - and 999 is the generic target to accomodate any class size.
    They don't do letters for the Autumn exams... just for Summer.

Don't say that!!! It's going to be a long day... :(

🤪

Don't say that!!! It's going to be a long day... :(

Thats right, it is going to be another long day of waiting.

I'd just like to say good luck to everyone!! I hope ye all get the results ye were hoping for.
    *fingers crossed here*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

Was also trying to work it out...I think it's the number who actually took the exam though - and 999 is the generic target to accomodate any class size.

just checked that out and your right Sabre as mine all stand at approx 18 and that is what we had in most subjects last semester

dunno why i keep checkin the results i think somthing to stop me started FYP work

• Advertisement

Keep getting errors again...Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign!

Error
    Technical Information (for support personnel)
    Error Code 1460: Timeout
    Background: The gateway could not receive a timely response from the website you are trying to access, a DNS server, or another gateway server. This might indicate that the network is congested or that the website is experiencing technical difficulties.
    Date: 1/22/2008 1:06:27 PM
    Server: proxy-server8.ul.campus
    Source: Firewall

🤪

Advertisement