Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I went playing indoor soccer for lunch and took some punishment too.
    These Intel boys dont take kindly to a newby coming into the footy ring..:o
    But the pain from that is not near as torturous as waiting for these ****ing results to load!!:(
    I have been looking at the page all day, [except lunch], and now it is providing me with an error..:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

well the anasthetic didnt last long enough and im back home jacked up on painkillers and still waiting for my fkin results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mossin wrote: »
    I went playing indoor soccer for lunch and took some punishment too.
    These Intel boys dont take kindly to a newby coming into the footy ring..:o
    But the pain from that is not near as torturous as waiting for these ****ing results to load!!:(

I'ill be joining ya for that tortune come July!! But the more immediate tortune of being raped for the fyp / results has to come first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

just been talkin to some of the lads who worked in the itd on co-op last year and they were talkin to some ITD staff i think and heard there is server maintenance moro meaning the results might not be up tomorrow... also heard results did come out for a little while on friday but when they put the servers back up yday that they had them disabled.... all shall be revealed in the next hour id say

culabula88 wrote: »
    Still waiting and checking for the results.... no sign .. doesnt look like it will be this evening.

Just while we are waiting lets see who can predict with the best accuracy time and date when they will actually be up..

Here is my guess 1645 on Tuesday ..

Doesnt look like a likely prediction now......
    Sounds like a plan...I'll go for 17:10 Tuesday.

Here's hoping that I was correct though
    Nutty wrote: »
    just been talkin to some of the lads who worked in the itd on co-op last year and they were talkin to some ITD staff i think and heard there is server maintenance moro meaning the results might not be up tomorrow... also heard results did come out for a little while on friday but when they put the servers back up yday that they had them disabled.... all shall be revealed in the next hour id say

If you are right then :mad::mad::mad: !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

1710 on Tuesday has now passed also!!

Doesnt look likely. Seriously pissed off now been checking for the last few days and still no sign.

They will have to be up by tomorrow. Has anybody got them or got as far as the log in page even??

Is there some way that you can access them from the computers on the campus or via a secure log in//

im on wireless in the library and cant acces si.ul.ie a the moment even i got my results ive heard of people got their results through stupid services on friday adn also heard there will deff be server crashed the min they do go up...or talks of server maintenance going on tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

fuuuuuuccccckkkkkk sakkkkkeee

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Corkette

I just got all the way in past the log in to student records and there were no results there :mad::mad::mad:

same here... queue server crash at 9.01 tomorrow morning

• Advertisement

Corkette wrote: »
    I just got all the way in past the log in to student records and there were no results there :mad::mad::mad:
    Nutty wrote: »
    same here... queue server crash at 9.01 tomorrow morning

The results usually come under the Education section of the student CV before anywhere else, it doesnt show your QCA there however.
    But as that is still disabled, I'm gonna give up for today, and wait for the inevitable crash tmrw too....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Corkette

*Sigh*...........................me too

Do you think they will be set to come on at 12 o clock tonight or has that ever happened before?

Ill be raging if they come out tomorrow and the server crashes !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

No they wont be out at 12. Nobody is working in ITD at that time to put them up, its never happened before anyway.

Oh and prepare to be raging because the server will crash!!

could it be set up so that its on a timer to release the results at 12 midnight.
    I cant understand why they cant put them up .

It will probably be 5 o clock tomorrow.. or else there is a problem with them and they wont be up until after wednesday.

Will all the students logging on to the si.ul.ie webpage slow down the network withing UL???

could it be set up so that its on a timer to release the results at 12 midnight.
    I cant understand why they cant put them up .

It will probably be 5 o clock tomorrow.. or else there is a problem with them and they wont be up until after wednesday.

Will all the students logging on to the si.ul.ie webpage slow down the network withing UL???

It could be set on a timer yes.
    But as has been highlighted on numerous occasions here, it wont be like that, because ITD are a bunch of fools.
    If they are supposed to be out tomorrow, which we assume so, then we were just hoping that the past 2 days would produce some luck for us.

As for tomorrow, YES all the students logging on will slow down the network within and outside of UL.
    This is what people have being referring to as the CRASH which is expected to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Ah ya gotta hand it to ITD... They know just how to handle things... :p

So, new bets are on what time the server will crash...

Hmmm....

9:01am?

Ah ya gotta hand it to ITD... They know just how to handle things... :p

So, new bets are on what time the server will crash...

Hmmm....

9:01am?

They do manage to out do themselves each semester..

Seeing as the server seems down at the moment [although it may just be a backlog of people] I dont forsee any ITD staff being in at 9:01 do you?
    Even if they are how long do you think it'll take them to fix the problem, only for it to collapse again when they do actually put up the results.

I'll say it'll crash tomorrow at 5:45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

As for tomorrow, YES all the students logging on will slow down the network within and outside of UL.

No it won't the network infrastructure within UL and it's connection to the outside world is able to handle a huge amount of traffic.
    This is what people have being referring to as the CRASH which is expected to happen

What will crash is the server that's hosting the www.si.ul.ie website. This is for a couple of reasons. Mainly because it's being repeatedly hammered with requests that it can't handle. I should point out that this isn't necessarily all ITDs fault either as the software that runs the Student Records system has a reputation for being pretty ****e.

Perhaps Rory, but who installs that software??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smilyhat

Went On
    Logged In
    But Alas:

Unable to connect to server www.si.ul.ie. Reason: peer closed :(

Perhaps Rory, but who installs that software??

*twitch

This is speculation but it's either ITD or a contractor from the company that produce the software. It won't matter who installed or how it was installed if the software is ****e anyway. I'd like to see the set up that they have at any rate. One of the tactics to employ in situations like this would be to throw extra hardware at the problem e.g. run the software across multiple servers and balance the load across them I wonder if it occurred to anyone in ITD to consider this and I'd imagine if it hasn't been tried there's a reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

After the incident for the results of the autumn 05/06 (i think... they were out a week late) exams, ITD would be walking on eggshells to show any delay this semester. I was lucky to be on co-op the semester that happened, but I felt so bad for everyone who wanted to lynch every member of ITD for not getting their results.

It's not like they have never done this kind of thing before :rolleyes:

Will they be put up at nine in the morning?? What time does ITD open at ? or will they wait all day and put them up at 5 on Wednesday..

BTW

where is the si.ul.ie server - is it in UL or is there a private firm / company running it??

where is the si.ul.ie server - is it in UL or is there a private firm / company running it??

The server is run and maintained by ITD. The Student Records software which is a thing that goes by the name of SITS...and what you access online is the e:Vision portal component of SITS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Will they be put up at nine in the morning?? What time does ITD open at ? or will they wait all day and put them up at 5 on Wednesday..

I imagine it'll be sometime after 10 am, but don't expect to be able to gain access until 2-3am Thursday as the traffic will only calm down around then:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

They're taking the piss at this stage. Can't fecking believe they're not up yet. Here I am up at this godawful hour still definitely a bit drunk from last night, thought I'd check my results as they'd surely be up by now. Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Should be up witihin the next few mins now I'd say. Do I really want to see them?....Yes I do...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Site is up and theres now a link to 'results so far', but the link gives an error about a file being missing :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kearnsey11

Got mine, at long last, 3.52 wuhu! The Dogs Bo**ix!

Advertisement