Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Indeed they are out!

3.30 I cant believe it..
    2 A2's
    3 B1's
    1 B2

That makes the semester almost worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Site is up and theres now a link to 'results so far', but the link gives an error about a file being missing :confused:

Same here. Probably an overload, or else they just want to wreck our heads. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kearnsey11

I got the same, try the 'Full Student Transcript' link

Have you guys checked the student transcript or the CV section???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye i got mine too you need to click on full student transcript not results so far or at least thats what i did

edit; and i didnt fail anything so i get to hit america like a freight train

• Advertisement

3.0 works out as...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kearnsey11

3.0 works out as...

A 2.1, congrats

Ah brilliant!! Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 playingpirate

Hey..
    One of ye may be able to help me....

I got a D2 in one of my subjects and an over all QCA of 3.0...

Do i have to repeat this exam??

Hey..

You only have to repeat it if you want to.
    If you do repeat the Grade is capped. It might be worth doing if you want to raise your QCA but otherwise I wouldnt.

• Advertisement

So this wont affect my over all degree,other than actually affecting my QCA this year??
    Sweet!!

Damn managerial economics....

So this wont affect my over all degree,other than actually affecting my QCA this year??
    Sweet!!

Damn managerial economics....

Thats right, it wont affect your degree.
    Ecomonics is always the killer subject isnt it :o
    Congrats on the results though

Cheers,
    Just happy that i can finally start making plans for the summer,provided that i can some how manage to bail out of co-op early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Morning,

Hope everyone who has been waiting for days like myself is happy enough. Was lurking here all week but just didn't have the will to post:o

have a 2.9 QCA and a 34.8 QCS, with all B's. Anyone care to enlighten me on this QC business as I've never looked into it, didn't have it in my previous college. Appreciate any help (while I try and read the rules on it).

Ixus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

if this is your first semester here in ul ixus your qca stand at 2.9 which is just off a honours degree.. but you woul dget a complimentaty honours degree with it...
    over 3 is a 2.1
    over 3.5 is a 2.2
    and i think over 2.5 is a 2.2

dont quote mt on that

is other news just got to confirm my results and site has started going crashy crashy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Think you might be wrong there, though you gave me a fright!
    Am doing a postgrad, was looking at the rules and it's something like this :

QCA
    3.40.....1st Class Honours
    2.0.......3rd

New bands for grads from 2005 onwards.

This makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Shag it anyway; first of all it wouldn't accept my username and password, and now the loading bar is like the slow boat to China....move, God damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Is there anyone out there not able to check their results? When I go to login its telling me im not authorised to use the system, wrong username or password etc. I'm def using the right one, and another guy here is trying to check them and getting the same result :mad:

The inevitable has happened, who would have predicted that :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EI-DAV wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there not able to check their results? When I go to login its telling me im not authorised to use the system, wrong username or password etc. I'm def using the right one, and another guy here is trying to check them and getting the same result :mad:

Ya, that's happening me right now too. Argh :mad: I suppose I better leave it a while. Thank God someone else is having the problem though (I don't mean that maliciously!); I thought for a moment that I'd been kicked out of the place for some reason....the only stupid reason that came to mind was not returning a book that I've had since the exams and donn't have a friggin' idea where it is, and just keep renewing it! I'm sueing the ITD for stress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

****ING ITD. I am ****ING authorised to use the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

ixus wrote: »
    Think you might be wrong there, though you gave me a fright!
    Am doing a postgrad, was looking at the rules and it's something like this :

QCA
    3.40.....1st Class Honours
    2.0.......3rd

New bands for grads from 2005 onwards.

This makes sense?
    ya that makes sense

also once you get within .1 of a new grade they will give you compenstate 2.1 for instance if you get 2.9*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I am now getting a message (SI Portal System Meaage)

There is currently a problem with the student portal

No sh*t Sherlock!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

How hard can it be to get this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Hey..

No, you don't have to repeat it once your QCA is 2.0 or higher, but you are given the option if you want to, but note that it will be capped at C3. It's up to you if you want to repeat or not :)
    Nutty wrote: »
    ya that makes sense

also once you get within .1 of a new grade they will give you compenstate 2.1 for instance if you get 2.9*

Ah, not always...it depends; they take into consideration FYP grade, 1st year results among other things afaik and in 4th year if you're in the discretionary band (i.e. 0.1 below a higher degree award) for a first class then you may be called in for an interview. Also, a first class honours for humanities is 3.3 and over IIRC.

In the meanwhile, \o/ W00t! \o/

QCA went up by 0.11!!

This is me doing a dance shouting, "yip-yip-yip-yipppppppppp!" :D:o

Edit: I checked mine at 09:00, in case anyone's wondering how I got into the student portal...I just went back to bed until a more reasonable hour then. Tried logging in there again and it's telling me there's a problem with the student portal. God bless ITD, they never let us down (...in letting us down, that is).

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I am now getting a message (SI Portal System Meaage)

There is currently a problem with the student portal

No sh*t Sherlock!

Calling Captain Obvious, Calling Captain Obvious! Balls to that anyway!!

Who won the prize for most accurate prediction, so? There's a vicious rumour that first prize for the most accurate prediction is an all expenses paid tour of I.T.D facilities (or lack thereof).

Second prize is a Mars bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Results are back up!!!!! run :D

Claasman wrote: »
    Results are back up!!!!! run :D

Ya, just in there a while ago. 3.2 QCA...woohoo! Had a crappy semester so was just hopin I wouldn't have to be back next Augus to repeat any but did a lot better then I had expected....plus got an A1 in Maths (nearly fell from my chair when I saw it...I did pass for LC!).

Hope you're all happy with yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ah ffs...How do I keep missing them - been hitting F5 so much that it's wearing away!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm down in Limerick at the mo, would using a college computer make it easier to get my results? It's tormenting me here!

Advertisement