Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    I'm doing a post-grad here after doing my under-grad somewhere else, and don't have a clue what the grades are worth. Can anyone tell me what each Grade indicates, percentage-wise?

Howaya!

Was in the same spot this morning, there's a student guide handbook on the current students page, it will explain it clearly.

If you have an A average, your inline for a 1st, if you have a B2 average you're inline for a 2.1, B3 average = 2.2 and C is a 3rd class.

The QCA translates :

3.4 = 1st
    3.0 = 2.1
    2.6 = 2.2
    etc

Apparently if you are 0.1 from a higher grade there is the chance that you will be upgraded but this would probably depend on you thesis or whatever you're doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Apparently I have to register for Co-op.
    Who knew that eh?
    And I have to do it before I can access my results again :(

But wait, oh yes, there is an ERROR :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

ergonomics wrote: »
    Wait, they're there now...

Ok, right, someone explain this to me. I've just come back from Co-Op and Erasmus so I wasn't waiting for exam results. I just need the results of those and I want them cause my QCA is nearly at the first class honours level. Yet they aren't there! I submitted my Co-Op report in August so how long do I have to bloody wait to get it graded?

as regards co-op aslong as you completed it and hand in a co-op report before graduatiion you pass.. it doesnt effect your grade as its a pass fail basis and i think that eramus is on the same basis but not sure but that you have to have past your exams wherever you were on eramus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

T'is bollocksed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I got a C1 in a subject that I had 19.5% of before going into the exam that means that I only got 30/70 in my exam, that seems impossible to me. And before anyone asks, the lecturer doesn't use a curve!:mad:

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    I got a C1 in a subject that I had 19.5% of before going into the exam that means that I only got 30/70 in my exam, that seems impossible to me. And before anyone asks, the lecturer doesn't use a curve!:mad:

That sucks a little mate, how'd the rest of them go though? You happy with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

What's the craic with this curve thing I keep hearing about?

Never heard the like of it before elswhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ixus wrote: »

its something like out of 100 people 10 can get a's so if 15 get a's they adjust the marks everyone got down until only 10 are left with a grades

ixus wrote: »

PeakOutput wrote: »
    its something like out of 100 people 10 can get a's so if 15 get a's they adjust the marks everyone got down until only 10 are left with a grades

Also works that not so many people can fail a module, so they decrease the negative marking on an MCQ paper for example, or give more lenient marks on other papers to up grades.

ye it can work both ways alright i had only heard of it being used in ucd didnt know some courses in ul have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Still haven't gotten my results!

klong wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten my results!

Thats class...

Finally got them. Passed. Relieved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

got mine....got all bs in my 3 sociolgy modules :D:D:D
    but got a d2 in economics.....

do i have to repeat this in the summer????:mad:

got mine....got all bs in my 3 sociolgy modules :D:D:D
    but got a d2 in economics.....

do i have to repeat this in the summer????:mad:

Congrats on the sociology, as for Economics, no you don't HAVE to repeat it.
    You can choose to repeat it if you wish to bring up your QCA. Although any repeat is capped at a C3. I'd say take the hit and soldier on.

I'm just after thinking, I'm going on the beer this weekend, probably in the Stables to celebrate my exam results. And because I havent had a pint all week and I feel I deserve a few :D

So if anyone is about this weekend don't be shy and come join me for a few pints, it could be a BULBS of sorts before the return to college.

mossin id check and make sure the stables is open late this weekend if i were you i know they'll be open for food on sat and sun but and prob beer sun evening but i wouldnt be suprised if they close shop at 6 on sat night.. laughin walkin around college today to see all the new eramus students about the place .. think there is some special welcome party for them tonight up there

Mossin wrote: »
    I'm just after thinking, I'm going on the beer this weekend, probably in the Stables to celebrate my exam results. And because I havent had a pint all week and I feel I deserve a few :D

So if anyone is about this weekend don't be shy and come join me for a few pints, it could be a BULBS of sorts before the return to college.

Down Sunday evening, don't know when yet though...

Nutty wrote: »
    mossin id check and make sure the stables is open late this weekend if i were you i know they'll be open for food on sat and sun but and prob beer sun evening but i wouldnt be suprised if they close shop at 6 on sat night.. laughin walkin around college today to see all the new eramus students about the place .. think there is some special welcome party for them tonight up there

are there more americans or what? i was told its all chinese after xmas.......i cant wait to meet my new room mate although id prefer if we jsut had a free room

edit; im praying i can make it down for sunday too sunday and tuesday should be good sessions

Nutty wrote: »

I was in the Stables last Saturday before the Munster game, only to be politely told to **** off as it was closing at 4, and wasnt going to be open Sunday either. But the staff saif they would be open for business as usual next weekend, which is this weekend now. However, I will just text one or two of the staff just in case to confirm this.
    Down Sunday evening, don't know when yet though...

I'll be heading back to Shannon Sunday night, but it usually isnt until after 9, and if the Stables is open before that this week, I'll be going back drunk.
    are there more americans or what? i was told its all chinese after xmas.......i cant wait to meet my new room mate although id prefer if we jsut had a free room

edit; im praying i can make it down for sunday too sunday and tuesday should be good sessions

I'm not sure if its Americans/Chinese/French or who this semester.
    You are usually guaranteed a few yanks anyways, just to piss me off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Mostly Americans this semester isn't it? Had one last year for the spring term, and apparently there's another one just moved in.

Feckin' septic tanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Americans. Heard them today as they were being bussed around the place. One of them was asking why it was raining instead of snowing seeing as it's January. :rolleyes: Ah yes.

Funkstard wrote: »
    Feckin' septic tanks.

easy as jody marsh tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ah yeh. In fairness, the guy who I lived with last year was bang on. Wasn't overly American at all.

ye there were two bang on americans in the skydive club and there were two bang on americans in 90 kilmurry

there were your sterotypical naieve(sp?) humourless holier than tho americans aswell

Mostly Americans this semester isn't it? Had one last year for the spring term, and apparently there's another one just moved in.

Feckin' septic tanks.
    Americans. Heard them today as they were being bussed around the place. One of them was asking why it was raining instead of snowing seeing as it's January. :rolleyes: Ah yes.

This sound about right.
    easy as jody marsh tho

And about as good looking too.
    Ah yeh. In fairness, the guy who I lived with last year was bang on. Wasn't overly American at all.

You must be the exception, because a mate of mine had the misfortune of living with 3 Yanks while he was in Dromroe in 2nd year. 2 1st semester and another came to replace one of the original 2 in 2nd semester.
    They were god awful people, no sense of humour, all into their weird food, and not drinkers..WTF ! They come to Ireland and dont drink....

was in the stables last night and there was an international student welcome night and it seemed to be all americans really.. tables of them sitting around pints of guinness as to show now that there in ireland they have to drink guinness as we all do..

in fairness this semester im going to do my best to wind them up whenever i get a chance.. should be fun..

some of my friends lived with one in second year adn we started giving him double shots of baileys one night..

oh the fun of it all..

Back on thread (kinda)...are I grade exams capped like ordinary repeat exams are? As in, in AUgust when I sit my I grade exam, will the best I can hope for be a C3?

Back on thread (kinda)...are I grade exams capped like ordinary repeat exams are? As in, in AUgust when I sit my I grade exam, will the best I can hope for be a C3?

http://www.ul.ie/studentaffairs/advisers/staff/acadreg.html

"How are fail grades cleared (D1, D2, F, NG)?
    To clear fail grades students who studied for two semesters can repeat a maximum of 4 modules, while one-semester students can repeat two modules. Repeat exams are held each September, with all modules Capped at a Grade C3 (except I grades, which can attain a maximum grade). Finally, there is a fee payable on registration for repeating all modules (except 'I' Grades). "

Hope this helps

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    http://www.ul.ie/studentaffairs/advisers/staff/acadreg.html

"How are fail grades cleared (D1, D2, F, NG)?
    To clear fail grades students who studied for two semesters can repeat a maximum of 4 modules, while one-semester students can repeat two modules. Repeat exams are held each September, with all modules Capped at a Grade C3 (except I grades, which can attain a maximum grade). Finally, there is a fee payable on registration for repeating all modules (except 'I' Grades). "

Hope this helps

Great, cheers :)

Advertisement